So here we are time for Fabulous Friday Fun again… I am so glad for all the comments last week but couldn’t help noticing not one Mcklinky link… So I will be a whole lot less vague this week: Why don’t you share your favorite fun brilliant thing you have blogged about lately with your kids: a game, a craft, a recipe, a birthday, a photo… Just something fun you have done with your kids lately.
Here are my favorite things from around the web this week:
- Okay, I am only sharing this because I am nice… I love Meet Me at Mikes, and she is having a fabulous competition – see I shouldn’t be sharing because I would so love to win this… but anyway go and check out her competition… perhaps one of the totally coolest prizes ever.
- I love Camp Creek Blog, all about school. Her posts are always thought provoking. How’s about this one: http://www.whiteoakschool.com/camp-creek-blog/2010/1/8/in-defense-of-reading-which-should-need-no-defense.html
- Here’s another food for thought goodie from PhD in Parenting, questioning the use or abuse of Ultrasounds. Now this is a blog that will no doubt have an opinion about any if all of your parenting questions… and she backs up her opinions with actual research… not just wild opinion tossed around the web. How refreshing is that!!!
- Gotta love: He Said/She Said #1 from We Are That Family… I Started reading this blog because I totally love Works for Me Wednesday, but the rest of her blog is so fun that I just have to follow along…
- My post of the week was all about sleep, you know the question you have all been asking me for the longest time!!! Finally I wrote it – thinking it would be a thirty minute post… but as I wrote more and more things sprang to mind!!! And then my blog went on the blink – and my heart quite literally sank as I thought that’s it: “Se7en + 1″ is over… literally heart stopping. And if you missed it – go and have a look at my take on the whole babies and sleep thing…
- We were featured on Tutu’s and Turtles this week… how cool is that. One of my best spots to stop by and look at lovely designer bits and bobs for kids.
- This is so one of my favorite blogs… full of honest kids arts and crafts. Where honest art is art done by real kids as opposed to teachers art and expectations… I really don’t understand a word of it but the pictures tell a thousand words and if you are looking for arty crafty kids things then this spot has enough eye-candy to last a life-time.
- I have a feeling that Friday’s wouldn’t be Fun without the Problogger, my best post of the week has gotta be this one: Create Your Own ‘Bloggers to Watch’ List and Tell Us About It Here Just browse through the lists in the comments, there has to be a list you want to read about there!!!
And my se7en + 1 link goes to:
Here are the rules for linking up, take all weekend. If you do link up you are welcome to take our button (top right hand side) and pop it in your post or on your blog. And just to help you link up I have a prize for you. Anyone may enter, one entry per person who comments and one entry per person who links up…
I got our prize from the Readers Warehouse bargain bin… and I will tell you again, though I’ve told you before (!)… If you are a book lover in Cape Town then head over to the Warehouse for the most fabulous book offers ever… These are great big chunky wipe-clean cards, from Usborne (my favorite), with a marker for doing the activities… I know my kids wouldn’t bother to wait for a journey to play with these!!!
So link away before the end of the weekend or comment before the end of this coming Friday, 22 January 2010, and we will draw and publish the winner next week on Fabulous Friday Fun – I won’t respond to your comments as I do on our other posts because I don’t want to be included in our own giveaway.
Our GiveAways are open to everyone: If you have won a GiveAway before never fear – enter away. If you live on the far side of the world – enter away. Postage takes forever from here but eventually it should get to you!
Good luck and get linking and/or commenting!