- In the olden days when I was young. I told my father-in-law that I was never getting married. He said to me: “Never say never…” A week later I was engaged and a couple of months later I was married. Why am I telling you all this… Well the last time I said “never” it was about toilet roll crafts… I just can’t and my kids can and they make millions of things with them. Well just today I have discovered a blog that may well make me go back on my word!!! It is all about toilet roll crafts, the whole thing – amazing toilet roll crafts!!! You just have to have a look at: TPCrafts.com…
- You know we love a book nook, well take a look at this collection on Modern Parents Messy Kids, which reminds me that I have to do something fun under my boys’ beds this summer.
- Campfires in the Sandpit, at Let the Children Play… I love this, we are definitely going to be doing this really soon!!!
- When Hood #8 saw this post on Kireei he climbed right over my head and launched himself at my screen, to read HIS book!!! I literally had to hold him back!!!
- This week I went oohing and aahing at shutters, take a look at the shutter fun board.
- 52 Types of Blog Posts that Are Proven to Work, from Problogger Who would have thought there were 52 types of blog post!!! Amazing!!!
- Look at this simply incredible flower photography, on Becoming You… really take a look!!!
- This week on Org Junkie’s 52 Weeks we are at Week 35: Find an Organizing Partner.
And the se7en+1th Thing: If you feel like organizing!!!
I live with an organizing partner that likes to organize things to surprise me… and surprised I often am!!! A couple of weeks ago our kitchen cupboards were “reorganized.” Now let me tell you when you have been living in a house for ten years you do not rearrange the kitchen… it will drive you nuts. NUTS I say!!! My idea for this week was to subtly rearrange our kitchen cupboards back to the happy place they once were!!! Needless to say I never got to that I was distracted by a child that broke the rules (yes that organizing partner again!!!) who has placed a library book somewhere…wwwaahhhh we have library book rules!!! So I spent the week turning the house inside out and really there is no where left to look… Needless to say in my quest for the library book I couldn’t help noticing that some of our school materials were literally exploding out of the door… and I kid you not!!!
Definitely time to box away the workbooks and papers from the first part of the year and bring out some fresh workbooks and inspiration for the second part of the year…
The old is boxed and sorted… the new are out and ready for school in the morning. A boring old task I normally leave it till the end of the year and the shelves just get more and more jammed – you have no idea how thrilled I am to have nothing jammed in and certainly nothing exploding out of the door!!!
And to keep myself sane and my head clear I always need some fresh air so… My littler guy who is mad about grubbing in the garden is helping me clear away for a mint garden… we are having a lot of fun on this project… even if it is only a little but at a time!!!
And that’s us… If we could just find the library book… and thank you very much but I am not quite ready for and organizing partner just yet!!!
That’s us!!! Have a great week!!!