The weather is getting better day by day and end of the year is looming in the best possible way. A lot of folk are starting to think about their Summer Holidays with more than a little longing. Well Mapstudio have a new book out, called Family Fun: Cape Town, Durban, Joburg and Pretoria. and we are giving away two copies of this book…
The thing is for most South Africans the cross country road-trip is a quintessential part of every summer holiday, visiting friends and family and spending time at the coast if you are from the inland and finding yourself inland if you are from the coast. It is one thing to go on a road trip with your family and quite another to spend time in another city and not know the features that are the best of the rest. Even if you aren’t traveling and you will be tourists in your own town over the summer this book is going to be a mine of information.
Se7en Things We Love About This Book
- It is Packed with Fabulous Places to Visit: This book includes so many sites and fun things to visit, a wide variety of activities to satisfy every possible need: Things to do on busy days and lazy days; sunny days and rainy days; places we have been countless times and places that we can’t wait to visit; popular places, must see places and more obscure places; Places to go for a walk, museums, play spots, parks, markets, beaches and plenty of activities; Things to do that we have wanted to do but didn’t have the right information to do. This book is literally packed with information…
- It is Divided into Regions: This is a book that you want to toss in your bag and keep on hand so that when you find yourself in the city centre or outside of town, and specific regions of town. When you have to visit an obscure relative that you haven’t seen in years, you will be able to reward yourselves with a fabulous outing at the same time. Mix up activities and find activities that you didn’t know you could do.
- Information for Each City: There is a map showing all the activities in an area and information on how to get around: public transport, taxis, and rentals.
- For Each Activity: Location, website, contact details, ticket prices, hours, baby friendly, best age range, rainy day ranking, party venue ranking, things to do nearby, closest hospital, and really useful special notes on what to take or things to remember about a particular outing or activity.
- So many things to do: We went through the book and chose a wish list of things to do around the country…
- Se7en Things to do in Cape Town:
- Se7en Things to do in Durban:
- Se7en Things to do in Joburg:
- Se7en Things to do in Pretoria:
We have a two copies of Family Fun: Cape Town, Durban, Joburg & Pretoria. to GiveAway to our readers.
This GiveAway works in the usual way, leave a comment before the end of play on Sunday, 1 November and tell us about Your Favourite Family Friendly Outing in your Area. We will draw and publish the winners in the Fabulous Fun Post after that. I won’t respond to your comments as I do on our other posts because I don’t want to be included in our own giveaway.
Our GiveAways are open to everyone: If you have won a GiveAway before never fear – enter away. If you live on the far side of the world – enter away. Postage takes forever from here but eventually it should get to you! Good luck and happy commenting!!!
We would like to thank MapStudio who supplied us with a copy of this book to review. We were not paid for the review and the opinions expressed in it are as usual, entirely our own.