I have two beginner readers who just loves Dorling Kindersley books, like who doesn’t!!! There is just enough writing to keep them reading and they are packed with snippets and facts!!! Right now we are so enjoying the 24 hours series… and this week we had a look at the waterhole:
Now let me just say if the mother person goes off on a decluttering rampage around the house then eventually your children will stop waiting for you to do a project and they will generate their own!!! So here you go a se7en beasts from the Waterhole…
Let’s Meet The Players:
- Pen or Pencil
- Glue Stick
- Any number of things for decorating… paints, markers, pipecleaners, strings and things!!!
And Let’s Play The Game:
- The older guys made a template based on a previous beastly bunting project.
- First they tried a paper proto-type!!! Impressive planning!!!
- They took large pieces of cardboard and traced their template and snipped away.
- Paints and crayons galore…
- Little features: teeth, ears, eyes, mane, tusks and tails.
- Glue: A dab of gluestick in the prototype became globs of project glue in the real thing!!! Once your glue is dry you can stand your beast up. If your beasts doesn’t stand well then you can fold up the center of the legs and your beast will stand after that!!!
- All together now…
- The gallery…
That’s us… Hope you have a fun weekend!!!
If you are looking for more fun crafts then head over to our Complete Craft Collection.