I know you are dying to know who the winner is from last week’s post. So I am going to be super quick about it!!!
Before I choose a winner let me give you to the answers to the quick quiz, that was absolutely far trickier than a quick quiz!!!
- How Fast Does the Earth Spin Each Hour? About 1000 miles an hour!!!
- Is a day on Venus shorter or longer than a day on earth? Longer.
- How long at the most does an eclipse of the sun last? At most 7 minutes
- What is it called when two planets draw so close to each other that they produce one brilliant light? A Conjunction.
- How long is Haley’s Comet’s vapor trail? 8 km.
- Hale Bopp is a comet that was seen in 1997 and previously 4026 years ago, in the time of which great biblical father? Abraham.
- What is another name for the dog star? Sirius.
- Why can’t we feel the earth spin? The air spins with it.
And the se7en + 1th question:
And a winner has to be chosen from the comments:
Covered in stars of course..
And one by one the stars were picked off:
Select, select, select… Again and again…
And at last…
And… the winner is:
Comment #7: Annette // Feb 8, 2012 at 7:58 pm // Thanks for the chance! My kids would enjoy this.
Annette, look out for an email from us… to get your snail mail address and I will be getting your book off to you as soon as possible!!!
Thanks again to our fabulous sponsor: