This is yet another week of great things to celebrate and we, here at Se7en, have the following significant days lined up on the calendar…
26 April – John James Audubon’s birthday (1785):
I should have mentioned last week that 26 April is John James Audubon’s birthday and here are a couple of links if you want to step back a day:
- Brief biography and links to coloring pages from Enchanted Learning.
- The Audubon Society has great lesson ideas and links in their “Education” and “At Home” Links – Well worth stopping by for some wildlife projects.
- Audubon Insectarium is a fabulous spot – especially for my butterfly lover.
- Dover Publications has a heap of Audubon coloring books and it is so worth signing up for their free email newsletters that come packed with pages from their fabulous range of coloring books on every possible topic.
27 April – Freedom Day:
This is the day we remember the first Democratic Elections here in South Africa, that took place in 1994.
28 April – Thor Heyerdahl Kon Tiki (1947):
Thor Heyerdahl began his journey, on this day, from South America to the Polynesian Islands in a raft… It is a great tale of adventure and exploration:
- A great biography and his expeditions.
- The man and his expedition.
- An outline of the adventure.
- The Kon-Tiki Museum in Norway.
- These are extracts from Heyerdahl’s lectures.
28 April – Poetry Reading Day:
- Se7en do Poetry, Packed with Poetry Resources for Kids.
- Se7en Make Poetry Notebooks…
- Reading Rockets: Poetry Month
- Scholastic Poetry Month
- Great Poetry Reading Day.
Thursday 30 April: Grannies Birthday!!!
1 May – May Day:
- Spring Streamers Little Flower Bunting.
- Se7en Create Bead And Wire Flowers
- What is May Day? and Maypole dancing.
- How Stuff Works – May Day Crafts.
- May Day Crafts at Kaboose.
- The History of May Day.
- May Day at infoplease.
2 May: Space Day:
- You can’t beat NASA and they have a spot for NASA kids too. And there space place play area.
- Space kids
3 May – Astronomy Day:
And since we change over to May this week here are the May Calendars: