Let’s start with the May Calendars:
And these are the days we will be looking at this week:
11 May: Children’s Book Week
- The Official site – for kids.
- Book Week Classroom Ideas.
- Celebrating book week ideas.
- A great resource list from a previous book week.
- And more of the same.
11 May: Salvidor Dali’s Birthday
- This a great biography with lots of interesting facts!
- Activities from the Dali museum. We have to make these animals on stilts!
- 10 more funny facts!
11 May: Edward Lear’s Birthday (1812)
- Edward Lear a biography.
- Edward Lear homepage.
- Ehow has some great limerick ideas.
- A collection of nice limericks.
- Teacher Planet has a limerick page.
- Some of Edward Lear’s Limericks.
12 May: Kite Day
- We made kites for a Dr. Seuss Party and we got the plans from the Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose.
- Kite Trivia from kites for kids.
- Flight tips and basics from breeze chasers.
- Professor Kite.
- The virtual Kite Zoo.
- How Does a Kite Fly.
- A nice resource for little people with kites from round the world.
12 May: Florence Nightingale’s Birthday (1820)
- A fun interactive quiz/game from BBC schools.
- This is lovely a click-through story of her life.
- Florence Nightingale paper doll.
- A kids biography.
- Some links on Florence and the Crimean War.
- A great lesson plan.
- The kids zone at the Florence Nightingale Museum has great fact sheets to download.
- Brief biography with links to activity sheets.
- A Resource Page full of links.
13 May: Tulip Day
- Keukenhof gardens near Amsterdam.
- A paper tulip hat from Family Fun.
- Make-Stuff has egg-carton tulips.
- Handprint Tulips from DLTK.
14 May: Lewis and Clark Expedition Launched
- These worksheets form Class Brain are brilliant nd we always use them, whenever we study Lewis and Clarke.
- Lewis and Clark Map from EdHelper.
- An article from Time for Kids
- Lewis and Clark resources from around the web.
- This page from PBS is packed with fabulous resources.
- This site has great activities.
- Nice interactive link from National Geographic.
14 May: Thomas Gainsborough (artist) born, 1727
- Garden of Praise has some great links: puzzles, word searches and worksheets.
- Enchanted Learning Coloring Pages: Gainsborough’s “Blue Boy.”
- The Web Museum in Paris has a biography and a collection of his paintings to look at.
- A Wikipedia Biography and gallery of paintings.
14 May: First U.S. Space Station
15 May: L.F.Baum’s Birthday (1856)
That’s It! – Hope You All Have a Great Week…