It is the middle of Winter and absolutely freezing, we didn’t get out much this week. A mad dash to see the penguins, a couple of quick forts for lunch in the garden and catching the tepid sun on the steps but otherwise we are indoors. And everyone is beginning to plot and plan improvements to our keyhole garden – there is a frenzy of planning in fact!!!
Anyway I thought I would list se7en outdoor links to look at and ooh and aaahh over until our winter begins to thaw, ever so slightly into spring…
- Nature Detectives from The Woodland Trust: is such a fun website, with such great downloads and activities. Printables you just want to have!!! This site makes me just want to move to the country!!! Really visit this site for some cool outdoor fun – I love it!!!
- The National Wildlife Federation: has a fabulous site full of the most beautiful photographs and inspiration. I love their Get Outside page. Packed with activities and things to do and neat ideas for making a real difference in the great outdoors. And their Ranger Rick page is packed with resources.
- And I love the look of this book… Love it!!! I don’t have it, haven’t tried it, but I tell you it is so on my wish list.You can follow the link to some printable activities – it’s just great.
- The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds: has every thing you need to know about getting outdoors in the UK. And a great page packed with kid’s projects.
- 50 Ways to Get Kids Hooked on the Outdoors: from Texas Parks and Wildlife Magazine. This article is full of great and easy “use anywhere in the world” ideas.
- The World Wild Life Organization: There is so much to read and learn about here. My one map loving kid totally loves their interactive project map.
- The RainForest Alliance: has a great spot for kids. And my kids love playing in the treehouse.
That’s it… Just some linky fun for this weeks Outdoor Challenge:
This Post is part of The Thirty Minute Mom’s Challenge at Steady Mom.