- I could have written every word of this post… I am so glad Katie at Simple Organic wrote it for me… 15 Things I Just Don’t Clean… Go on read it… and the comments… brilliant!!!
- Look at the cutest baby pic I have seen for a long time… spotted on Ohdeedoh.
- I have to just tell you that I love and adore Ann Wood… Just have a look at her adorable paper mache tea-cups… Seriously, too darling for words!!!
- I spotted this on Bloesom and I love it!!! I think I would need one for me and one for the kids though… I could definitely while an afternoon away with a bunch of Crayola’s and this!!!
- If your kids are like mine, and love making their own food then you have to take a look at this: A Brilliant Pasta Bar at Create-Celebrate-Explore.
- Does this not look like the most fun: City Design and Construction by LMNOP.
- Oh Happy Day!!! Lilla A Is having another Exhibition Folks!!! I am so exited to see this… We will definitely be doing a bunch of self-portraits around here.
- This week on The Organizing Junkies 52 Weeks: #8 Keep Flat Surfaces Clear. Well I love cleared flat surfaces… they are my great “My house is so organized looking” tool… I tell you have a couple of large clear surfaces then it appears to be that way.
Meanwhile when I started the 52 weeks I had on my list simple little tasks like clean-out the junk drawer, organize the post pile, sort my RSS feeds… I never signed up for the total rampage and onslaught on decluttering that is going on in our house!!! NEVER!!!
Folks ask me what do my kids do while I declutter. They play of course!!!
And show me stuff!!!
Finally, it had to happen I bit off more than I could chew… last week I shuffled furniture and sorted around the house and this week I planned to tackle kids books and school… Well the books just overwhelmed me and I thought they had got the the better of me… so I quit!!! Mid-mess… I just despaired!!! All I could see was the mess… not the fact that I popped two half bookcases and a tall bookcase out of the house because we don’t need them anymore… I reduced the kids books to this: But the mess that was left in it’s wake!!! So I really needed to see the post about clearing those surfaces and after two days off I started again today and worked my way through a surface from start to finish… Pack away… I reduced the two drawers of niknaks that I have put off decluttering for so long that it just isn’t funny… took about fifteen minutes – here is what I saved… With that key chain I can remember my entire varsity life in an instant. Two empty drawers and so place for the CD’s… And one less surface to take care of… And one more book surface to deal with tomorrow. And the book project will be done… I have to say I know that I will like this when it is done – but I have got to the patch in the total declutter when it just isn’t much fun. I know I have to do it now because there would never be time during school term, so on I will go… but I need to slow down the rate of attack significantly, and break up the projects more – just for survivals sake!!! That’s our 52 weeks so far…
Hope you have a Fabulous Weekend and that you are decluttering nothing!!!
Fabulous Friday Fun #58…
February 27th, 2011 · 10 Comments
Tags: Fabulous Friday Fun