- Modern Parents Messy Kids just has the most fabulous post on blocks.
- Absolutely love the peek into Daisy Yellow’s Moleskin!!!
- Activity Village has a brilliant post on Really Easy-Peasy Fall Crafts and now you know what I was doing when I should have been packing last night.
- Would you look at these block puzzles. I totally love them: Part 1 and Part 2.
- O look, O look… O heady joy!!! Lilla A is having another exhibition… A Robot Exhibition!!! YAY!!! I know exactly what we will be doing as soon as we get back home.
- And would you look at these cute owls on Fem Manuales… too adorable!!!
- This week appears to be the weekend of fabulous crafts… Take a peep at these quick and easy darling ghosts on 5 Orange Potatoes.
- This week on Org Junkie’s 52 Weeks we are at Week 39: Fighting Procrastination.
- Firstly I do start in advance, but not with packing… The last few days before a trip I spend a lot of time putting things back… back where they belong… until our house is completely in place. Every drawer, ever shelf, every closet.
- So I appear to be leaving it too late but actually my preparation to packing is key. Everything has a place and everything must be in its place.
- I make sure we have a novelty breakfast, something easy but different and in our house that is cereal. Place a bowl of cereal in front of each child and then dash from closet to closet going through the kids clothes.
- Our clothes are pretty minimalist at the best of times so I just gather a child’s clothes – each into their own shopping bag, and pop eight bags into one large bag. Done.
- An important thing to remember is that after a week in the great outdoors all our clothes will be grubby when we get back… So I make sure that everyone has one clean outfit in their closet for the great laundry day, the day we get back.
- I pack pretty much how we live, it just makes it easier as we travel to have a similar ethos wether we are home or away: Sort like things together. So a bag of pajamas, a bag for warm tops, and so on… That way we just grab the bag we need at the end of the day.
- Once everything is in its bag the kids are finishing their cereal and cleaning their teeth… at this stage the father person packs the car – because really he seems to possess some sort of Tetris gene…
- Grab the toothbrushes and go.
And the se7en+1th Thing: If you feel like organizing!!!
We are on a major road trip, well major for us… a fair number of days off into the wide blue yonder of Africa… visiting and staying in the home of a local family in Lesotho. We are half way there but when I woke up this morning this was all I had managed to pack…
I am the chief procrastinator at packing. I simply don’t do it. Many of you will know that I am so bad at it that… in the olden days when we first got married my very new husband asked me where my bags were to go on honeymoon… I said “What bags?” and I meant it … I had totally packed nothing. Indeed nothing has changed and this morning we had a row of water bottles on the kitchen sink and that was all… apart from boxes and boxes and boxes of school material – thanks to all of you, that I had packed as it arrived over the past couple of weeks.
I firmly believe that a project takes as long as you give it – so when folks ask me days before a trip if I have begun packing the answer is always no. But really I have it down to a fine art of super quick packing…
And the Se7en +1th thing
That’s us!!! Have a great weekend…