It was four years ago today that I wrote my first blog post… six months after the father person bought me my first macbook and I had spent hours and hours reading blogs and following them… I eventually stepped off the ledge and never looked back!!! I would hate to count how many hours I have spent blogging, reading blogs, thinking of blog posts… creating blog posts and posting blog posts!!! Gotta say I totally love it!!! Still do… still after four years of blogging, have heaps and heaps to say and write about. My notebook is jammed with ideas… the only thing between us and more blog posts is that illusive little thing called time…
This blog is a blog about our lives and times… It isn’t a diary, though if you follow us you will get a feel for our daily lives… Our days are filled with crafts and books, food – with thirty meals a day food is paramount!!! With eight kids we are naturally thrifty… and to get things done we are all about organizing and decluttering.
The thing we like best about blogging is the connections we have made around the world… so many wonderful friends through our blog!!! The most important people in our blog lives are definitely our readers. And we totally love our loyal readers, we have worked hard to draw you here and we would love to hang on to you all!!! So we will not ever compromise our readers with strange requests and odd posts promoting products we don’t use!!! So here is a list of things we definitely don’t blog about:
- We don’t do pets: And so it is unlikely that we would ever blog about the wonders of dog food… though we have been asked too!!! We do love bugs and beasts and have our fare share of snakes, baboons and porcupines in our garden… not to mention penguins as neighbors. We are all about the natural environment and if we personally could save the rhino’s we would.
- We never intended to be green: But it turns out that we do enjoy natural parenting and growing our own veggies, recycling and conservation – not only because we should but because we enjoy it!!! So we are unlikely to promote products that are environmentally unfriendly. Being green is important to us, we want to leave a clean environment and a healthy world for our kids and their kids.
- We are all about kids: Love and adore our kids and know that many kids read our blog, we will never post anything to offend the young eyes that read our blog.
- We eat a lot of real food: Thirty meals a day at least and that is before the copious number of guests that pop around at mealtimes. Real food cooked from scratch. Food is definitely a family affair, we like to prepare our meals together and we love browsing through cook books and choosing new recipes to try. We don’t actually eat instant meals and we don’t generally eat meals that are pre-packaged or pre-prepared!!!
- We love creating posts: So much so that we don’t actually accept blog posts written by other authors for our website. Occasionally we do have guest posts written by personal friends. We want our readers to know that when they visit our website they are hearing our voice and our opinions. So if we don’t know someone at all and we haven’t personally invited them over as a guest then we won’t unfortunately be publishing a post by them. Sorry, we are just too busy posting our own blog posts on this site.
- We love eating out: We love adventures and outings and traveling in general. But we are a little discerning, we don’t eat out at fast food restaurants or obviously “kid-restaurants.” We love to visit restaurants and we do blog about them… Plenty of family friendly restaurants… but if they are offering a plastic toy to my kids so that they eat a plate of fries – then you probably won’t see us there.
- With eight kids we obviously love and adore babies: We are all about holistic parenting, and holding our kids close to our hearts… Firmly believing that our kids don’t need more stuff or possessions to grow up to be secure and confident adults. We can’t promote childcare products that we would never dream of using for our children and since we never even owned a stroller it is unlikely that we would ever promote heaps of baby gear for any mother especially a new mom, who needs to hear that she is doing a great job rather than that she needs another product to parent.
- We love a good cause: We do have a few that we actively support… and especially causes that my children have discovered and can support on their own. But we can’t support every cause!!! Our favorite causes right now Free Rice and of course We Give Books.
And the se7en + 1th:
So that’s what we don’t blog about!!! Meanwhile I have some lovely GiveAways, to celebrate our blogaversary… look out for them this weekend it is going to be fabulous!!!