There went June… Can you believe nearly half the year has passed. Winter has arrived in full force… rainy day after rainy day after rainy day… and we just had a week of science fun to survive!!!
Let’s just begin with happy skip… and say our Drawing a Day is featured on Daisy Yellow’s Link Love this week… Just thrilled, Daisy Yellow has inspired so many drawing projects in our home… you have to follow her just for the totally doable arty fun factor!!!
Meanwhile… we have so loved the drawing a day project… and it is almost over… what next, what next!!! I really want to carry on drawing… and we will, but I can think of dozens of other easy-peasy doable projects in the “Project-a-Day” format. I love this sort of monthly post because it gives a flavour of something we have wanted to try, creating a habit of it!!!
And now for my typical stumbling block… indecision… So many, many, ideas – Our next post could well be – A new “Something-A-Day” for the month of July… Let’s see what idea jumps to the top of my head today as we dash around doing all the dashing things families do… I think this could well be a new feature!!!
Meanwhile, here are this weeks lovely links…
- Hike the Hoerikwaggo in Go Magazine… This has to be right near the very top of my list of things to do… Take a look at the place where we look – a hike from Cape Point, at the tip of the Cape Peninsula, all the way to the city centre… well almost!!!
- This post on LMNOP: Room Rules… Made me want to rearrange our entire house and shuffle the kids rooms totally!!!
- How adorably cute are these googly eyed hand puppets on Handmade Charlotte. And since we are visiting Handmade Charlotte you have to take a look at this sweetest most surprising gift idea ever: A Pop-Top Herb Garden. We totally have to try that!!!
- This post is just magical: Simple HomeSchool – Mystery Days…
- I think we really need to up our tie-dye game!!! look at these lovely natural tie-dyes on Playful Learning Academy. And while you are there take a look at her post on Organising Children’s Spaces… you will want to stop what you are doing and dive in and play!!!
- The coolest Pinterest Board I found this week – packed with cool craftiness for kids… Crafting Community’s Design it Yourself.
- Food for thought, Instagram is no place for kids on “In the Powder Room,” confirmed once again to me, why my kids are not allowed on social media yet.
- A Blast From the Past: And here are a couple of links to posts, this week, from previous years…
And the se7en + 1th link:
And that’s us – hoping you are all having a fun weekend… arting, reading, resting, playing… !!!