Introducing: Se7en + 1’s Drawing a Day Project…

May 31st, 2013 · 36 Comments

In our previous post on the things that have worked for school this year, the one thing that we said was working for us this past year was art… just drawing. So we thought we would start a little project, to get us into the habit of drawing every day…

Se7en'sDrawingaDay001
If you click on the image and print it landscape – you can pop the list on your fridge as a daily reminder

The What:

We have new notebooks and we are going to be doing a simple drawing: mostly just a pencil drawing, or a biro, or a marker drawing, or well, whatever you like… but keeping it simple!!! No multidimensional recycling crafts that require hours of patience while the glue dries… just drawing.

The Where:

Wherever you like… If it is summer where you are then take it outdoors, for us the evenings are dark and just before dinner there is a natural lull in the day… so round the kitchen table will work for us.

The Why:

We have in the past worked on reading habits and writing habits… well this year we are working on drawing habits. We noticed how our drawing had improved over the weeks of school this year. We have always done arts and crafts, painting and constructing projects.. but this was the first year that we also just drew consistently. We would like to see if we can do a drawing a day and get into the habit of drawing a little bit everyday. This won’t take away from our normal drawing and crafting, doodling and making. Just establishing a new habit, with one drawing a day.

And The How:

We have created a list of things to draw – easy things that you should be able to find around your home and you definitely shouldn’t have to go frantic hunting for things on the list to daw. Just draw a picture everyday. We would love you to join us, but it must be stress free – so if you miss a day to you lag a little, never fear. If you would like to join us and post a photograph of your work on instagram then tag your photo #se7en’sdrawingaday and we will look out for you!!!

Se7en’s Drawing A Day List:

Day 1: Saturday Self: Your Foot/Hand
Day 2: Sunday Special: Your Bed
Day 3: Monday Machines: A Traveling Machine (a car, boat, bike…)
Day 4: Tuesday Tools: Kitchen Tools
Day 5: Wednesday Wanderings: The Garden Path
Day 6: Thursday Things: Keys
Day 7: Friday Feast: Fruit

Day 8: Saturday Self: Your Favourite Toy
Day 9: Sunday Special: A Friend
Day 10: Monday Machines: A Kitchen Machine (a mixer, a toaster, a kettle…)
Day 11: Tuesday Tools: Art Tools (pencils, pens, crayons, brushes…)
Day 12: Wednesday Wanderings: An Errand (the library, post office, store…)
Day 13: Thursday Things: A Bookshelf
Day 14: Friday Feast: A Treat

Day 15: Saturday Self: Your Face
Day 16: Sunday Special: Your favourite Nook at home.
Day 17: Monday Machines: A Gadget (phone, pen-knife, telescope, microscope, camera…)
Day 18: Tuesday Tools: Garden Tools (rake, spade, broom, shove, seeds, wheelbarrow…)
Day 19: Wednesday Wanderings: Something from Your Nature Collection (leaves, shells, stones, flowers…)
Day 20: Thursday Things: Shoes
Day 21: Friday Feast: Breakfast

Day 22: Saturday Self: Your Bag (book bag, toy bag, swimming bag)
Day 23: Sunday Special: Your Favourite Outfit
Day 24: Monday Machines: An Electronic Machine (lamp, laptop, screen…)
Day 25: Tuesday Tools: Toolbox Tools (hammers, pliers, screwdriver…)
Day 26: Wednesday Wanderings: Out the Back Door
Day 27: Thursday Things: A Chair
Day 28: Friday Feast: Vegetables

Day 29: Saturday Self: Your Shadow
Day 30: Sunday Special: Your View Right Now

So draw away… we would love you to join us… everyday or even just for one day… Leave a comment and let us know what you are up to. You are welcome to follow along on instagram and tag your picture… #se7en’sdrawingaday

Tags: Art · Blog Events · Se7en at School · Tuesday Art Task

• 1 Kelly Pardee // May 31, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Love the Idea!!!!!!! Thank You!

• 2 Kirsty // May 31, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Sounds great. We are going to join you!
    Kirsty´s last blog post ..Elisabeth

• 3 Tammy // May 31, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Totally gonna do it! Dont do instagram though! X x

• 4 Christi // May 31, 2013 at 1:34 pm

What a fun idea – we’re definitely going to do this for summer! Thanks so much for sharing! xo

• 5 Eneida Armato // May 31, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Sounds like fun to me, I follow it for sure!

• 6 Se7en's Fabulous Friday Fun #173 - se7en // Jun 1, 2013 at 3:40 am

[...] ← Introducing: Se7en + 1′s Drawing a Day Project… [...]

• 7 se7en // Jun 1, 2013 at 3:43 am

Glad you like it Kelly, Hope you have a great weekend!!!

• 8 se7en // Jun 1, 2013 at 3:44 am

Fantastic Kirsty – So glad to have you join us!!! I think it is going to be such fun!!!

• 9 se7en // Jun 1, 2013 at 3:45 am

Never mind about the Instagram Tammy – just so thrilled to have you all playing along, I think it is going to be brilliant!!!

• 10 se7en // Jun 1, 2013 at 3:46 am

Glad you like it Christi… It fits our winter… but I have to say, so wish we were doing it for the summer like you are!!! Have a fabulous weekend!!!

• 11 se7en // Jun 1, 2013 at 3:47 am

Great Eneida, Good to have you along.

• 12 Weekend Link Love and a contest from Pentel | Simple Kids // Jun 1, 2013 at 4:38 pm

[...] Se7en’s Drawing a Day Project [...]

• 13 Angel // Jun 1, 2013 at 5:45 pm

thanks for the extra info, I was thinking about how I wanted to introduce this and how often. This will be a good way to get in the habit by just doing a little bit everyday, thanks for recapping your year, it gave me good food for thought for next year

• 14 Lori // Jun 1, 2013 at 11:19 pm

we love drawing every day! it’s the best! :D

• 15 se7en // Jun 2, 2013 at 12:56 am

Hay Lori, Thanks for stopping by!!! I know, I know and a little bit everyday is so good for the soul!!! My kids are so into this, I just can’t believe how excited they are!!! Hope you are having a fun weekend!!!

• 16 se7en // Jun 2, 2013 at 12:57 am

Great Angel, I am so glad you enjoyed it!!! Hope you are having a fun weekend!!!

• 17 Taryn // Jun 2, 2013 at 7:13 am

Absolutely love this idea!!! I so want to do this. I’ve saved the photo to print for the kids. Hopefully we can turn this into an actuality! Too many great ideas die before they’re born here. Sigh! Bane of my vision-orientated brain!!

• 18 Rebecca // Jun 2, 2013 at 3:20 pm

We’re going to join in for part of this :-) I think my son especially will love it!
    Rebecca´s last blog post ..What We’re Doing This Week: June 1, 2013

• 19 Vivian Medlock // Jun 2, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Count us in too. I will post on my website and make a facebook album! How fun! Thanks
    Vivian Medlock´s last blog post ..Momma’s Been Decorating

• 20 se7en // Jun 2, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Oh Brilliant Vivian… We’ve made it through two days!!! I think I will call for a link-up a little down the line!!! I am really looking forward to having sketchbooks of where my kids are right here and now… a month down the line – great momento!!! Hope you have fun!!!

• 21 creativejewishmom/sara // Jun 5, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Fantastic, I’m on and off encouraging my youngest to draw everyday, as it’s such a great thing. Maybe I’ll show him this and we’ll join in the fun! Thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!
    creativejewishmom/sara´s last blog post ..Spelt Challah – A Welcome Addition To Our Shabbat Table!

• 22 se7en // Jun 6, 2013 at 8:02 am

Hay Sara… How are you, Thank you so much for stopping by!!! We are having a lot of fun with our project – it is really amazing how the simple things are so often the very best ones!!! Hope your week goes well for you!!!

• 23 Weekend Reading: June 8, 2013 | Life Your Way // Jun 8, 2013 at 3:07 pm

[...] Introducing: Se7en+1′s Drawing a Day Project… | se7en [...]

• 24 Shells // Jun 9, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Going do it…. ;-)
    Shells´s last blog post ..Mothers Day Bouquet’s

• 25 se7en // Jun 9, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Great to have you join in, Shells!!! We didn’t make it over the weekend, I will see if the kids want to catch up or just keep going in the morning!!! We have really enjoyed it so far!!!

• 26 The Week That Was - 5.48 - se7en // Jun 21, 2013 at 4:19 am

[...] Tis the season to be arting… And drawing every day… [...]

• 27 Karen // Jun 21, 2013 at 8:57 am

This is a great idea -I wanted to make some art plans for my kids this summer and this is just the inspiration I needed. Thanks!

• 28 se7en // Jun 22, 2013 at 12:28 am

Oh Karen, Thank you for stopping by… we have been drawing away – it hasn’t been as easy as I thought it would be… but well worth the effort. I think we may have indeed started a new habit!!! Hope you have fun and enjoy joining in the project!!! Happy Summer to you all… we are wishing Summer will return to us really soon!!!

• 29 Se7en's Drawing a Day… The Project That Persists... - se7en // Jun 23, 2013 at 4:08 am

[...] has been such an interesting project for us… but let me go back to the beginning. We set ourselves the task of “A Drawing A Day” for the month of June. I had this idea [...]

• 30 Se7en's Fabulous Friday Fun #177 - se7en // Jun 29, 2013 at 10:15 am

[...] just begin with happy skip… and say our Drawing a Day is featured on Daisy Yellow’s Link Love this week… Just thrilled, Daisy Yellow has inspired [...]

• 31 Se7en + 1's Painting a Day Project... - se7en // Jul 2, 2013 at 12:59 am

[...] so enjoyed our Drawing-A-Day project last month, it was so quick and easy and fun for all of us and around the table we naturally started [...]

• 32 Se7en's Painting A Day… The Journey... - se7en // Jul 31, 2013 at 12:35 pm

[...] month we began a series of “Project A Day” ideas… in the first month we planned to draw every day… it turned out to be quite a challenge and well worth the effort that we put into it. For the past [...]

• 33 Se7en's Project A Day: Journaling... - se7en // Aug 2, 2013 at 9:55 am

[...] routine with ease… And so began our “Project A Day” Adventure… So far we have done Se7en’s Drawing a Day Project… and Se7en’s Painting a Day [...]

• 34 Se7en's New Project a Day: A Word A Day… - se7en // Sep 3, 2013 at 9:40 am

[…] have been working on a Project a Day for the last couple of months, we have had a drawing a day, a painting a day… and a journal a day project… and this month’s project is a word a day […]

• 35 Se7en's Fabulous Fun Post #223 - se7en | se7en // May 26, 2014 at 2:11 am