So that was August and your September post will be up later… this was the week we literally washed off the world and dropped off the earth.
Forget about couch days, it has been snowing – yes snowing and we have been freezing and bed seems to be the warmest place. So between dozens of playdates we spent most of our week in bed… reading and lazing – turns out everyone round here was hit by a bout of the “fatigues.” We pretty much did nothing and hopefully as the weather warms up again, tell me the weather will warm up, then so will we!!!
Everything ground to a halt, even our journaling… But we are ready to launch a new and exciting “project a day” on Monday…
Here are this weeks lovely links…
- We are longing for summer and how inspiring is all this wonderful ice cream… on a Beautiful Mess.
- This post is really for Hood #7, who is mad about Trucks and Diggers… in Go Magazine.
- The cutest idea… Mini Scrap Books on Simple Mom… Honestly, I can;t think when last we printed a photograph!!!
- One of my kids’ best friends has a climbing wall in her home… here is some inspiration: Climbing Walls on Handmade Charlotte. Suddenly we need a loft!!!
- I just love how Usborne books have conquered Shakespeare for kids, where were these stunning books a couple of years back… Usborne and Much Ado About Something!!!
- I loved this post from the ProBlogger: 10 Hurdles I’ve Faced as a Blogger and how I got over them.
- Cool Mom Picks Back to School Giude… So Much to Love Here.
- A Blast From the Past:
And the se7en + 1th link:
Lastly, What’s on our coffee table: I have a feeling my kids choose really sad books for me to read… this is lovely, beautiful for beginning to end. We have been reading it chapter by chapter, without stopping for pause. Don’t even ask how I have missed these books, my older children have read them for school and I have just discovered them… Bring on the series – we are entering the world of Marguerite Henry for the next while!!!
And that’s us – hoping your weekend is fab. Let us know if you spot any elephants!!! Lots of love from a freezing cold and wet Cape Town…