I know I have been writing about chores for weeks now and popping them onto the Works For Me Wednesday Site. Works For Me Wednesday is a carnival where folk post heaps of tips each week. It is great fun and you will meet lots of bloggers there all posting the most amazing tips about absolutely everything: cleaning, organizing, cooking, whatever.
Now the first Wednesday of the month there is always a theme, this month is Organizing Tips. I went back through my posts to see what I could post and well I have posted a lot of my organizing tips there already. So here is a quick and fresh tip, just for this weeks Works For Me Wednesday,
Here is my tip of the week: Color Code, Color Code, Color Code…. we color code as much as we can, each kid has their favorite color – well I have two pink preferees, but one is shocking pink and the other is pale. So we have:
- a purple child,
- a blue child,
- a shocking pink,
- a yellow,
- an orange or green if orange is not available,
- a pale pink
- and an as yet unannounced preference – usually gets whatever is left over at this stage!
Se7en things we color code, there’s more! But these popped into my mind:
- Bath Towels
- Tooth Brushes
- Even Camping Cutlery (that they use daily for breakfast!)
- Water Bottles
- School Books
- Pencil Boxes
And what is the point of living in a rainbow… apart from the fact that it is fun and lets all these little people have their favorite color goodies at all times, since they are all mad individuals!!!
It allows me to know, who has or hasn’t:
- Put their towel away.
- Cleaned their teeth – I can tell at a glance who owes the tooth mouse some money for not cleaning their teeth!
- Popped their dishes into the dishwasher.
- Put their cutlery into the dishwasher.
- Returned with their water-bottle after an outing.
- Packed away their school books, before we need the table for a meal.
- Put their stationary away.
There are things I don’t color code, clothes and socks for instance but trust me I have a plan there too… that’s a whole ‘nother post!
Have a Good Day!
I popped this post onto the Works For Me Wednesday Site – go and have a look there for all sorts of tips on absolutely anything.