Where was this book when I was a child, I love it… and so do my kids. It is literally packed with dozens and dozens of projects to do: decorating your room, food around the world, ideas for a sleepover party, things to do on a car trip… games, crafts, recipes… this book is packed, packed, packed with heaps of things to make and do.
I love the step by step directions and the crystal clear photographs, even our five year old could take it off and do a couple of projects on her own. Don’t be conned by the “Girls’ Book of crafts and Activities…” while my boys weren’t too keen on making face masks, they were dead keen on candy popcorn, not to mention we spent an entire morning working our way through the origami pages!!!
se7en + 1 Crafty Projects That We Tried…
- Banana Pancakes: What can I say… the race was on to make the highest tower… pancake baking is fun, even for the smallest cooks and everybody loves munching on them…
- Origami Animals: I have to be honest we have never ever tried origami, it always looked way too complicated to tackle with multiple and multi-age children. We decided to give it a try and it turned out to be the quietest morning in about forever as everyone progressed through the steps… and produced their colourful animals!!!
- Making Ice-Cream: Do I have to say “making ice-cream” twice… with berries, served between wafer biscuits!!! Tell me you would have thought you had died and gone to heaven if you were reading this as a kid…
- Ice Bowl: My kids have always wanted to make ice-bowls and I don’t know why we haven’t gotten round to it!!! It is easy and fun and the results are totally beautiful… well worth it.
- Toffee Popcorn: With our lingering winter and the father person home from work this past week…. all we needed was a fine movie to go with this delicious little feast!!!
- Handmade Cards: Hood #7 whipped the book away and quietly produced about ten million, billion woven paper cards!!! I love them and we now have a card draw stocked for the next five years at least!!!
- Birthday Cake and Cupcakes: Hood #3 is going through a phenomenal baking phase, no one is complaining at all… would you look at that chocolate cake… we were all way impressed and she has earned free range in the kitchen.
- Felt Decorations: Turns out we live with a little seamstress and she has been working away on little felted decorations… I think all the gifting that we need to be thinking about over the next month or two may well have been taken care of!!!
And the Se7en + 1th…
Hopefully these crafts will give you a taste of the fun to be found between the pages of this book and if you would like to take a closer look then head straight over to DKBooks UK where you can take a peak between the pages.
I would like to thank DKBooks UK for giving us this book, they didn’t ask us to write a review but it was too good not to share with our readers… we were not paid for this post and the opinions expressed are entirely our own.