What a week… I thought I needed a break, I plotted and planned afternoons off and lazy mornings and then my Monday looked like this: A power failure when I really needed to be on the internet; a car that wouldn’t start; the gym phoning to tell me that my kids were waiting in the street for me? I arrived to discover there had been a fire…”and a number of big eyed kids saying, “it wasn’t me”… ; dash home – hoping the power is back on… still desperately needing the internet… and the bent front door key broke off in the lock… I am not even going to go on, just to say… I am so glad that we had a power failure – else I may have been paddling for my life up and down in the pool at gym at the time of the fire and I would not like to dash out in the street with a towel wrapped round me. Always look on the bright side of life!!! Anyway that was all by Monday lunchtime – and it just didn’t let up… in a word relentless… I think I need a rest from my rest!!!
Here are some lovely links from this week:
- You have never ever seen anything like this… 7 DIY Gingerbread Projects Too Amazing to Eat, on Handmade Charlotte.
- Se7en Types of Blog Comments and How to Respond to Them on Jeff Goins Writer… If you are blogging and and not following Jeff Goins, then get yourself over there right away, he is a fab writer and so worth a follow.
- Giving Meaning to those Educational Buzzwords… great writing by my friend, Lori Pickert, on Project Based Homeschooling. Grab a coffee and settle in to read this one, I love her posts she has lots and lots of thoughtful insights and you just can’t miss what she has to say.
- HandMade Charlotte – Eating in the great outdoors… I think we probably all could drive a Subaru to create these recipes… though I have a feeling it doesn’t really matter what car you drive they look fantastic!!!
- Loved this post and now I think I need to make Skillet Toffee… on the Kitchn. Just the sight of it – why have I never ever done this before!!!
- LEGO, the inside Scoop: Max Meets Daniel Lipkowitz, Chief Minifigure Wrangler! This is just amazing – a great read for all those potential LEGO engineers – I know that I live with at least one or five of those!!!
- Favourite Reads of 2013 on Playing by the Book… Oh wow, I so love a list of very good reads… I haven’t even thought of our favourite reads of 2013… I am still stuck very deep in the year.
- Hay busy Mom’s looking for encouragement, this past week David Murray of Head Heart Hand wrote an excellent post… “Modern Mom’s Aren’t as Busy as Mom’s of the 1960’s.” Really stop by and read it!!!
- I am so loving all the gift guides on the web – I am the worst shopper on earth, and cannot bear to actually spend money… but I am the best possible browser and this gift guide is in a league of it’s own:Imagine Childhood’s holiday gift guide…
- And our fab friends over at Yuppie Chef had a Banana Art Competition… we had such fun making our bananas, but luckily our bananas never made it onto the page… but we had a lot of fun. Try it, I will never be allowed to make brilliant banana bread again without someone first creating a banana artwork first.
And the se7en + 1th link:
- A Blast From the Past: And here are a couple of links to posts, this week, from previous years:
And I have to add an extra link or two…
That’s us, hope you are having a fun and fabulous weekend… so looking forward to a lazy Sunday afternoon!!!