It’s mother’s day all over the world, some mums have been spoilt and some were ho hum, not. Some mums were thrilled with heaps of cards and lovely surprises and other mums were somewhat disappointed. Some mums are overjoyed by the sweet love of their babes and other mums are overwhelmed by the loss of little hands they won’t hold. So many mums are thrilled with excitement of a brand new arrival and others are so disappointed at their empty arms. This is a day filled with bittersweet on every front… a day loaded with so much more than the Hallmark card that it began as…
Se7en + 1 Things I Love About My Mum
- My mum always had something growing, I loved her African violets on the kitchen windowsill.
- My mum knitted endless jerseys, even in the summer, endless colours and stripes..
- My mum made play dough… lots of it.
- My mum created beautiful collections.
- My mum loved the autumn and we would go on long walks looking for autumn photographs.
- My mum understood movies should be watched with a themed snack.
- My mum used to take us by bus into the city for tea at Stuttafords or to Kirstenbosch to paddle in the streams.
- My mum always worked so hard… she still does.
And the se7en + 1th thing…