Well September is in full swing and there are signs of Spring everywhere you look, it is a wonderful thing to see new leaves and trees budding… not to mention longer days… summer is indeed on the way and we are all looking forward to it…
This week is SANparks free week for South Africans with an ID book… and this link has all the details for visiting our local parks, Cape Point and Silvermine.
Lovely Links from This Week
- Zen Habits on Procrastination… such a good read. I have such big ideas for a blog update… then I read this was so inspired and ahem, never got near my computer for about five days… I wasn’t even trying to take a break!!!
- Handmade Charlotte has the solution to Christmas in the middle of Summer… Gingerbread Ice-Cream Trucks.
- Spotted on Nuture Store, I think I’m in love with the Just So Festival… even though I live on the far side of the world!!!
- There is so much going on right now… and if you haven’t signed up for a Virtually Live event before then this Roald Dahl Day would be a good time to start!!!
- Imagine Childhood and Geography at Play… Lots of Magic over here!!!
- Coffee and Books: An Unexpected Homeschool Game Changer… I love this totally, from Simple Homeschool.
- Alisa Burke on how to Ice Dye… you want to take a look at this!!!
A Blast From the Past:
- 2008: Welcome to the World a Zero Birthday Party.
- 2009: Se7en Home Birth Stories…
- 2010: Se7en’s Escher Fun: Pictures, Polygons and Paper Kaleidoscopes…
- 2011: Se7en + 1 Easy Beastly Masks…
- 2012: What We Are Reading Right Now the Disabled Edition.
- 2013: Se7en at School: Where have all the Father’s Gone?
- 2014: Sunday Snippet: When Enough is Enough Turn Away…
- 2015: Se7en + 1 Meet Up With Children’s Laureate, the Author Illustrator, Chris Riddell…
Pedia Sure Media Drop
We were part of the recent Pedia Sure media drop, we were sent their products to try. I can see how this product would be great for children who are recovering from an illness, and waiting for their failing appetites to improve, or even as a temporary help to children who are picky eaters. The pamphlet that came with the product showed a number of meals that the milkshake replaced… it is packed with nutrition. My robust bunch enjoyed the milkshake flavour, it was a treat for them, but there was absolutely no convincing any of my kids that this replaced a nutritious meal.
Upcoming Event at the Sport Science Institute
That’s us… Hope you are all had a fabulous weekend!!!