So February is here… along with perfect summer evenings…
And on our first real hike of the year… I managed to take a tumble and break my arm, somehow I hiked out, and a best friend got us home. Needless to say my gang will have to rally round and do every single possible chore. And of course everyone knows how good I am at sitting still (galactic not). Don’t even ask how long it takes to put a blog post together when typing with one hand. Blogging is once again going to be slow!!
There is still plenty of time to join our French Classic Cooking Course, click on the image, it will take you to the post with all the info… leave a comment and we will get back to you soonest… we have been cooking the soups from lesson 1 this week… its been a lot of fun. Watch out for a post on Monday evening.
Lovely Links from This Week
- My previous post was all about our Family School all around the kitchen table, well I recently discovered that this is a real thing and heaps of other homeschool families do this and call it Your Morning Basket, there is a podcast, it is lovely… I listened to all the episodes straight through… fantastic!!!
- How I Use My Bullet Journal on the Art of Simple.
- I have finally found someone who packs like me: Alison Chino on Packing Light for Travel in Europe and the UK. And another one, This is exactly me: Packing for a weekend in a purse… Love it!!!
- This post: Change… Friend or Foe? by Homeschool on the Croft These kids will grow up, they might shine and do well, but they still grow up!!!
- Usborne Coding Books all new… but they are giving away the old ones free to download… fun reads!!!
- I absolutely love the idea of a cook book club: Why Cookbook Clubs Should Be the New Way We Entertain on Serious Eats.
- The 100 Best Children’s Books by Time Out…
- This is a very cool, not to be missed post: The Challenges of Raising Kids in an Online World on Simple Homeschool.
A Blast From the Past:
- 2009: The Quickest Easiest Cake in the World.
- 2010: How to Keep Se7en+1 Kids Busy All Day.
- 2011: Homeschool Questions: Do you or Don’t You?
- 2012: Se7en + 1 Questions Kids Ask About Living in Africa…
- 2013: Se7en+1 Glittery Valentines Galore…
- 2014: Hearty Treats for a Celebration…
- 2015: Se7en+1 Visit GreenPeace and the Rainbow Warrior…
And the se7en + 1th link:
It appears that we are not natural tree sellers, we are okay with that. We do want to raise awareness of the GreenPop Venture… I have to say though, that at this stage we are so excited and love that so many of our readers are already chomping at the bit to send books… for
International Book Giving Day is on the Way
A couple of folk have emailed me about this already… so excited to hear our readers are good and ready to go with this project again… and I will be getting back to you folk with all the details as soon as we are good to go!!!
That’s us… Hope you all have a fabulous week!!!