Another September week with a whole lot of new days to celebrate. And here are September’s Calendars:
Last week someone asked me: “What was the point of Calendar posts?” and “How do we use them in our homeschool?” The point is (I often wonder myself, as I link away in the dead of night) I love surfing and finding links we can use for school: About famous people, celebrations and so on. So I though I would put all the links and resources into a calendar format. It is easy for me to hunt down great links I have found that way and eventually it will build up to a year round calendar. These are not part of our formal school, mostly, they are pretty much topics we will talk about over meals: “Today is so-and-so’s birthday,” or “Today they are celebrating some cool day in some far away place.” It’s all about exploring the wider world and gathering a bit of general knowledge.
Sometimes we are inspired to do more than just talk about about a specific event – I sense World Chocolate Day may be one of these! and when I include worksheets it is because I know we will be using this topic for school sometime and why go surfing twice. Basically our calendar post are lists of bookmarks and goodies that I would store in a folder on my laptop but since I am a blogger – I just pop it on our blog in case other people want to use it too. Also our kids read our blog and this is a good post that gives them something to do… rather than just look at themselves!!!
So here are this weeks links, have fun!!!
- 7 September: Labor Day (U.S.A.)
- 8 September: International Literacy Day
- International Literacy Day from Wikipedia.
- International Literacy Day from Unesco.
- A Dr. Seuss Party.
- Where the Wild things Are Party.
- Roald Dahl Party Ideas.
- Se7en of the Best Book Sites for Kids…
- Se7en Start a Book Nook…
- The Book Nook Revisited in Se7en Steps…
- Roald Dahl Day… Party Ideas.
- Articulated Beasts and Where the Wild Things Are Round-Up.
- Se7en Make Poetry Notebooks…
- Tubby and the Lantern and a Se7en Lamp Extravaganza…
- Alpaca Hats in Se7en Steps…
- Mrs Armitage and Her Se7en Hundred Surfboards.
- Eric Carle’s Radical Rockets…
- Go Dog Go – Do you like my Hat? – in Se7en Steps…
- We Are Going on a Bear Hunt craft from Se7en.
Book Parties From Se7en:
Book Crafts from Se7en:
- 8 September: Magellan Set Sail For First Voyage Round the World (1519).
- 9 September: Chrysanthemum Day (Japan).
- 9 September: Teddy Bear Day.
- 10 September: Elias Howe Patented the Sewing Machine (1846).
- 11 September: Patriot Day (U.S.A.)
- 12 September: Chocolate Milkshake Day.
- 13 September: National GrandParents Day (U.S.A.).
- 13 September: International Chocolate Day.
- 13 September: Roald Dahl’s Birthday (1916-1990).
That’s it – Have a Great Week!