A little while ago we made an army of aliens, well Se7en million aliens need a home…
About the time that our aliens were created this very cute Charlie and Lola dollhouse debuted… and we spotted it everywhere!!! Because it is so cute!!! A brilliant project that could be extended and expanded in almost any direction. Needless to say it was the inspiration for us to make our own Rollicking Rocket. This is what you are aiming for:
Let’s Meet The Players:
- A cardboard box, we used a big computor box, but you could just as easily make a small one out of a cereal box.
- Scissors, craft-knife.
- Magazine cuttings, pipecleaners and stickers.
Let’s Play The Game:
Step 1:We cut the basic shapes from a large cardboard box.
Two rockets, three round floors and four booster rockets.
Step 2: Then we painted them.
Step 3: Then we let the father person loose with the craft knife… simply because he measures things and I never ever do!!!
- The Basic Shapes: Cut a slit in each basic shape, one from the top and one from the bottom.
- The Floors: Cut each basic shape in a line across the center, where you want the floor to go. Measure the diameter of your floor and cut the appropriate width.
- The Rocket Boosters: Cut a slit in each booster at the level you want them to attach to the rocket.
And cut a small slit at the four “corners” (!) of the ground floor level. We attached our rocket boosters at those slits.
Step 4: Pop it all together. Slide the main bits together.
Slide your floor levels in to the main rocket.
Don’t forget your boosters.
Step 5: Collect your embellishments: magazine pictures, stickers, fabric, pipe cleaners, whatever bits and pieces you come across.
Step 6: Now you just need to embellish. Embellish away!!!
Step 7: Finally add your aliens and you are done!!!
And you are done. Have Fun!!!