A Hearty Breakfast in Se7en Steps…

March 4th, 2010 · 16 Comments

I know Valentines Day has passed but it’s hard for some of us to let it go… and all those pretty hearts!!! So for the person in my house who battling to move on from the hearty season we made breakfast together and this is what you are aiming for:

Let’s Meet The Players:

• A slice of bread
  • An egg
  • A dab of butter

Let’s Play The Game:

1. Cut a heart shape out of your bread using a cookie cutter (it needn’t be a heart, any shape will do!!!).
  2. DSC_0671
  3. Pop your butter into the pan.
  4. DSC_0672
  5. Once your butter has melted pop the bread cut out and shape into the pan.
  6. DSC_0666
  7. Now crack your egg into the shape.
  8. DSC_0675
  9. Let them bubble away until they are as done as you like them.
  10. DSC_0676
  11. Flip them.
  12. DSC_0678
  13. And you are done!!!
  14. DSC_0680DSC_0681DSC_0683

Thanks Hood #3 for a very hearty breakfast!!!

Bon Appetito!!!

And lots of little hearts to you!!!

Tags: Monday Munchies · Quick Meals

• 1 Kelly // Mar 4, 2010 at 4:16 am

That’s a favorite here with a couple of kids, but I’ve only ever done a circle cut out with a cup…I’ve never thought of using a cookie cutter. Great idea!

• 2 Vina // Mar 4, 2010 at 8:35 am

Wow, seven children! You are my hero! I’m going to have to try this one of these weekends!

• 3 jacki // Mar 4, 2010 at 9:54 am

What a fun idea! Love it! And do-able for little hands. Thanks for sharing, you!

• 4 se7en // Mar 4, 2010 at 10:03 am

Hi K, We’ve opened up a whole new world for you!!! Cookie cutters redefine breakfast!!! Have a nice day!!!

• 5 se7en // Mar 4, 2010 at 10:05 am

Hi V, Don’t be overwhelmed – they arrive one at a time and you live and learn with them!!! Can you imagine if you had all of them from one day to the next!!! You have a good week!!!

• 6 se7en // Mar 4, 2010 at 10:07 am

Hi J, Yup!!! I have made sure that each kid comes out of these holidays with one new recipe under there belt!!! I guess when you have made hearty breakfast for our family two or three times – thirty hearty breads later you have the skill!!! Hope you guys have a fun week!!!

• 7 katherinemarie // Mar 4, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I think ANY and EVERY day should be a HEART DAY!!!!! My kids would love these.

• 8 Jenni @ My Web of Life // Mar 4, 2010 at 6:30 pm

We call these ‘Birdies in a nest’ at our house. We’ve also only done a circle in the middle of the bread but I love the heart idea. Thanks!

• 9 se7en // Mar 4, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Oh KM, Come over and play… Hood #3 Would love to make your guys breakfast!!! As for your cupcakes – WOWZERS!!!! Have a fun day!!!

• 10 se7en // Mar 4, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Hi J, Birdies in Nest is a really cute name!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

• 11 Leigh from 123 blog // Mar 9, 2010 at 10:39 am

GORGEOUS – I’m going to do these for us on the weekend and surprise D :)

We both love eggs but I’m so super health conscious that I ration us with the eggs :)

• 12 se7en // Mar 9, 2010 at 11:27 am

Oh yes L, These are yummy – everyone likes them… Hope you enjoy them!!!

• 13 Se7en’s Complete Recipe Collection… » se7en // Aug 20, 2011 at 9:46 am

[...] A Hearty Breakfast in Se7en Steps from Hood #3. [...]

• 14 Se7en + 1 Glittery Valentines Galore… and Many Many More... - se7en // Feb 13, 2013 at 3:25 am

[...] A Hearty Breakfast… [...]

• 15 Marcia (123 blog) // Jul 3, 2014 at 11:01 am

aaah, so precious. Kendra will LOVE these. She loves anything with hearts “because I can see how much you love me”. Bless!!!

So I make heart pancakes for her all the time…

And it is their birthday on Monday
    Marcia (123 blog)´s last blog post ..{Wordless Wednesday} an autumn photowalk through my lens – part 1

• 16 se7en // Jul 4, 2014 at 2:12 am

Oh Marcia… sweet Kendra… hear is some hearty fun for her…. My girls love and adore hearts too!!! Hope you have a fun weekend, you are going to be great!!!