We survived our first week of school and it was fun!!! I may sound astonished, that’s because I normally the first week is really grumpy as everyone readjusts… but there were just enough little fun bits and pieces to keep everyone on track as they sprang through their day!!! So one week down 35 to go and I am encouraged that we are going to make it… of course this could all change in a flash, but I for one need to be optimistic!!!
Here are se7en of my favorite things from around the blog world this past week. Hop around you are sure to find something that inspires you:
- Crafts Around the World from the Crafty Crow: This was by far the best thing on the web all week, actually all month!!! Totally fun and packed with great goodies – crafts and baking and games from around the world – totally brilliant!!! Here’s Our South African Craft – Rainbow People from a Rainbow Nation.
- 5 Mind Traps for Beginner Photographers: I need to hear this!!! I hardly touched my camera all week what with school and all… I need some photographic inspiration!!!
- Somebody Wants What You Have from Amy’s Finer Things: If you read nothing else then read this post. My father-in-law always said: “There will always be someone richer than you and there will always be someone poorer than you, now get on with it.” He had a good point!!!
- Gardening 101: Make Your Own Compost – from Simple Organics. Where has Simple Organics been all my life – I love all the garden goodies they are posting right now… hope fully our winter isn’t quite as looming as summer is on the far side of the world because I want our vegi garden to keep on vegging quite a bit longer!!
- Ranger Rick’s Fun Page. Click on their crafts or recipes for some totally kidable do-able cute-able projects!!!
- A new issue of LMNOP is out… Shout for joy, shout for fun, treat yourself to a mini-holiday!!!
- “My Favorite Part” from Whatever… I have been able to read about her entire trip without blinking an eye but when she writes that “before each child left a grown up prayed with them.” My eyes simply welled up, how precious is that… I know I prayer with my kids and we take turns at bed time but when last did I sit and pray with each of them, on their own. Add it to my MUST do now list.
And the “Se7enth + 1″th thing…
- Se7en Welcome’s The Crafty Crow: If you haven’t entered our GiveAway this week then enter NOW!!! Gotta Enter this one!!!
That’s it – you will have to send me interesting things… surfing hours are seriously curtailed, because I am so busy doing reading, writing and water colors!!! – no more hours on the web each day – I will have to wait eight more weeks till our first week off school… so send me brilliant links – please please please!!!!
I linked this post with Five Faves From Meet Me at Mikes… I know I always have se7en + 1, but that’s how we travel.
That’s Us!!! And Now it’s your turn to Link-Up:
Link up a Fun thing you did with your kids this past week… or if you have a post of your favorite links this week then go ahead and add them to ours… or any post you wrote this week and loved…
Here are the rules:
- Anyone of our crafty/mom blog reader friends are welcome to join in.
- Any of your kids who want to write a blog post and link it in are welcome to join in.
- Please mention “Se7en’s Fabulous Friday Fun” in your post and direct the readers back to our Carnival. For example: “I linked this post to Se7en’s Fabulous Friday Fun” would work for me!!! Or pop our button onto your site. so that other readers can enjoy a couple of your favorite favorites… and get to meet all of you.
- Make sure you link to your fabulous post and not your website, so that it is easy for readers to find your favorite… rather than wading through everything!!!
- Enter a very brief description of your post in parenthesis in the Mcklinky line where you enter your name, so that we know what to expect when we get there.
- Visit and leave comments on other folks’ posts who enter the Carnival – it is the nice thing to do!!!
- Finally this is a family blog and remember some folks kids are reading it – please keep your posts appropriate. I reserve the right to delete any post that would not be appropriate for my kids to glance at.
Thanks for playing, Link away, Comment away… I am dying to hear from you all…