It was Salvador Dali’s Birthday this week, so we had to celebrate with a couple of projects:
And before we get going with the projects here are some fun links:
- A great biography for kids from ArtSmarts4Kids.
- MyKidsArt.com.au has a fabulous Dali page with links and artworks to browse.
- Salvador Dali Art History from E-How… Gotta love the “more Articles like this section.”
- I just love the ten fun facts from gvjh.org
- Go and explore The Dali Museum,
- A list of lesson plans from the Salvador Dali Museum
- And you just have to have a quick peep in the kids section of the museum shop.
- A couple of printable Dali coloring pages at Supercoloring.
Here are our projects:
- Dripping Utensils
- Long-Legged Beasties
- Colorful Collage Clocks
- Dripping Utensils:
This is the picture, “Undersea Pizza Slicers…” that got us celebrating:
A lot of drawing has been going on around our house just lately and we took a turn with the kitchen utensils:
Once we had our drawings done we used watercolor crayons and then painted some bright fun utensils…
And we were done – some dripping utensils.
- Long-Legged Beasts:
- Colorful Collage Clocks:
We Began with plain old plasticiene…
And then we made literally hundreds of tiny legless beasts:
And with the help of toothpicks:
Our beasts got legs:
And we were done:
We were gifted with blow markers – ages ago and a very rainy week seemed like the right time to try them… paper-plates were colored:
Then with a whole heap of little magazine pictures we collaged away:
Finally some card clock hands were added with split pins:
And we were done…
Nobody really wanted to fold theirs!!!
And a day of Dali wouldn’t be right without a couple of books to drool over:
That’s us, apart from a Salvador pizza for supper: