Some weeks are better than others. I should leave it at that but I am a blogger and the words must get out…
Today we had a birthday (I have to blog it later) and a major car break down… on a very busy road, well a mountain pass, miles from anywhere and almost but not quite out of phone range. We are car-less for the foreseeable future. It was grueling, we had snacks but sitting in a car with hot kids… Not to mention nervous kids that know all to well that one shouldn’t stop your car on a South African road for any amount of time… (crime issues what can I say) and me being able to give a very clear object lesson on the power of prayer. I decided to go through my past calls and tell people to pray for us – I was a little short of ideas!!! Second call I made and my friends husband was home, who knew a mechanic, who carefully transported each precious child from one car to another… We were rescued, thanks JB and we got home safely and our car wasn’t left on the road to be stripped of everything except the chassis (there is that crime factor again). So I should be glad, I am glad!!! We are safe and sound and all our prayers were answered. A lesson well learnt. Even so, I am worn out by the whole event.
I rescued the birthday with a mega chocolate fudge cake. Did I mention someone is teething… slee…eeep, I will have to write a sleep post next week – just let me get us through the weekend!!!
Anyway, here are se7en + 1 of my favorite things from around the blog world this past week. Hop around you are sure to find something that inspires you:
- Stock up on Summer Activity Ideas from Ohdeedoh: Here is a list of brilliant lists… there are so many lists of fun things to do right now but this was my favorite one of the week.
- Some fabulous play spaces from Childhood 101: I think I am ready for a play-date in some of these spots.
- World Cup! 13 Homes in South Africa from Apartment Therapy: Oh the spotlight is definitely on South Africa right now and I am so glad I got to peep at some of these wonderful homes!!!
- Sex and Sleep from PhD in Parenting: I stumbled upon this post, it is not a new post, but it is so good you just have to read it!!!
- Cocoon Designs on Kireei: Don’t be surprised to see a “Se7en version” of these awesome little houses, one of us can’t stop thinking about them.
- 6 Things to Do in the Last weeks of Pregnancy from Simple Mom: So many of my friends are in their last days of pregnancy so this one is for them… Smile and Wave, smile and wave, smile and wave!!!
- 10 Inspirational National Parks on Indie Fixx: Just beautiful outdoors, I bookmarked this just in case I ever visit the U.S.A. – stranger things have happened I am sure!!!
- Lessons Learned while Camping: How cool is this post it made me want to go camping!!! Well maybe!!! Eight kids in a tent… Let’s just say I will live vicariously through this post!!!
And the se7en + 1th thing:
Otherwise: Link Up a Fun thing you did with your kids this past week… or if you have a post of your favorite links this week then go ahead and add them to ours… or any post you wrote or read this week and loved…
P.S. I am giving you an extra day to enter this weeks GiveAway because I just never had a chance to post a reminder all week… Just one more day!!! You have until the close of Saturday.
Here are the rules:
- Anyone of our crafty/mom blog reader friends are welcome to join in.
- Any of your kids who want to write a blog post and link it in are welcome to join in.
- Please mention “Se7en’s Fabulous Friday Fun” in your post and direct the readers back to our Carnival. For example: “I linked this post to Se7en’s Fabulous Friday Fun” would work for me!!! Or pop our button onto your site. so that other readers can enjoy a couple of your favorite favorites… and get to meet all of you.
- Make sure you link to your fabulous post and not your website, so that it is easy for readers to find your favorite… rather than wading through everything!!!
- Enter a very brief description of your post in parenthesis in the Mcklinky line where you enter your name, so that we know what to expect when we get there.
- Visit and leave comments on other folks posts who enter the Carnival – it is the nice thing to do!!!
- Finally this is a family blog and remember some folks kids are reading it – please keep your posts appropriate. I reserve the right to delete any post that would not be appropriate for my kids to glance at.
Thanks for playing, Link away, Comment away… I am dying to hear from you!!!