A couple of weeks ago we won a prize on the Crafty Crow – I know how weird is that!!! Who actually wins GiveAways… A hand-painted work of art by Louise Pfanner from Papernation. I saved it to show you during our celebrity week – Isn’t it darling…
Look at all the little tiny personal details that she so cleverly gleaned from reading our blog. I just love how she got each kidlet. I just totally love it!!!
Anyway I have asked a couple of my favorite bloggers to tell me se7en things – any old things: their best, their worst, their funnest things… and I never expected to get a whole heap of replies!!! No wonder I love blogging… So this week I am going to be posting a bunch of “my must read every post favorite blogs” and their se7en things… Meanwhile I thought all our readers might like to tell me se7en things in the comments… se7en of your best books, se7en of your best colors, se7en of your favorite names, se7en of your favorite things to eat, se7en of your favorite places… se7en anythings – go ahead and comment away…
And to kick you off here are se7en of my things: In a world where mothering isn’t very fashionable and almost every parenting article written is how to be a better mother in some manner or other – here are my se7en things that help me remember that I am doing a fine job despite the plethora of mistakes I make!!!
- A whispered “Hope you have a great day in “se7en+1” ears every morning.
- Hours and hours of unscheduled time for my kids to explore whatever they need to explore.
- Messy art projects while I am cooking.
- Letting my kids sleep as late as they like everyday – I know the books would have a lot to say about that one!!!
- Celebrating food and taking the time to eat from scratch.
- Clambering into ridiculously “small for a mother person nooks and crannies” to read stories.
- Spontaneous “slamming on the breaks” outings and exploring wherever we find ourselves.
- Bedtime stories, no matter who is visiting, no matter how late it is.
And the “se7en + 1th” thing:
That’s it… tell us your se7en…