Book Illustration – Le Ballon Rouge by OwlBooks…

March 16th, 2011 · 18 Comments

Hood #1 has a “publication” company called Owl Books. He reports our weekly newspaper and writes and illustrates immense volumes… this one was really worth a post… It is based on one of our favorite books/movies Le Ballon Rouge:

THE RED BALLOON062
THE RED BALLOON064
THE RED BALLOON065
THE RED BALLOON066
THE RED BALLOON067
THE RED BALLOON068
THE RED BALLOON069
THE RED BALLOON070

Tags: Book Crafts · Tuesday Art Task

• 1 Julie K in Taiwan // Mar 16, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Lovely! Perhaps he’s interested in making a video tutorial for free art pens…

• 2 Faith Pray // Mar 16, 2011 at 5:25 pm

This is great! I looked at the illustrations first, and thought it was crafted by a full-fledged illustrator. Even more exciting when I realized it’s by one of your Hoods. Nice work, #1!

• 3 se7en // Mar 16, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Hi JulieK… That certainly looks like fun!!! He loves making animated movies – makes them all the time and they are so funny!!! We had months of epic “Inspector Cunningham Tales” very funny!!! I often think I know what Roald Dahl’s mother went through while her son was growing up!!!! Hope you guys have a great week!!!

• 4 se7en // Mar 16, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Hay Faith, Thanks I know he will like the compliment, especially from a real writer!!! Hope you all have a great week!!!

• 5 KM // Mar 17, 2011 at 1:28 am

WOW WOW WOW WOW! I love it!

• 6 Dana Carlton // Mar 17, 2011 at 2:10 am

Wonderful illustrations! Your childrens art work always impresses me. This is also one of my favorite books from childhood. I found a copy several years ago and was so excited to pass this one on to my kids.

• 7 se7en // Mar 17, 2011 at 2:17 am

Oh KM, You are so fun!!! Glad you liked it!!!

• 8 se7en // Mar 17, 2011 at 2:18 am

Oh Dana, Isn’t it just one of those books that you totally have to have!!! It is such a heart wrenching tale… I just love it!!! Hope you have a great week!!!

• 9 auntymuffin // Mar 17, 2011 at 9:18 am

What beautiful detail and great insight; a can see him be a writer and illustrator of substance!
    Well done hood#1!

• 10 se7en // Mar 17, 2011 at 10:33 am

Thanks Aunty Muffin!!! He will be thrilled you commented!!! Have a great day!!!

• 11 Tammy mayes // Mar 17, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Awesome stunning illustration!

• 12 Granny Ant // Mar 17, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Very well done Hood No, 1 Wonderful work, beautifully done. What a lot of fun you must have had doing these stunning drawings. Have always loved this book and LOVE these illustrations.

• 13 Karen M // Mar 17, 2011 at 8:26 pm

That is FANTASTIC!! I remember watching the movie as a child at the library, and LOVED it. This brings back wonderful memories.

• 14 se7en // Mar 18, 2011 at 1:58 am

Hay Granny Ant – Glad you liked it!!! Hope you are having a great week!!!

• 15 se7en // Mar 18, 2011 at 2:01 am

Hay Karen, Awesome movie, amazing how everyone I know has a memory of this movie… where they were when they first saw it!!! Hope you have a great weekend!!!

• 16 se7en // Mar 18, 2011 at 2:03 am

Thanks Tammy!!! And thanks so much for stopping by!!! Have a great weekend!!!

• 17 Saturday Spot: Se7en’s Book Fair… » se7en // Jun 5, 2012 at 4:16 am

[…] Book Illustration: Le Ballon Rouge by Owl Books. […]

• 18 Saturday Spot: Se7en Visit France for Bastille Day... - se7en // Jul 16, 2012 at 3:07 am

[…] And our all time favorite French Flavor story: The Red Bslloon… […]