Book Illustration – Le Ballon Rouge by OwlBooks…

March 16th, 2011 · 19 Comments

Hood #1 has a “publication” company called Owl Books. He reports our weekly newspaper and writes and illustrates immense volumes… this one was really worth a post… It is based on one of our favorite books/movies Le Ballon Rouge:

Tags: Book Crafts · Tuesday Art Task

• 1 Julie K in Taiwan // Mar 16, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Lovely! Perhaps he’s interested in making a video tutorial for free art pens…

• 2 Faith Pray // Mar 16, 2011 at 5:25 pm

This is great! I looked at the illustrations first, and thought it was crafted by a full-fledged illustrator. Even more exciting when I realized it’s by one of your Hoods. Nice work, #1!

• 3 se7en // Mar 16, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Hi JulieK… That certainly looks like fun!!! He loves making animated movies – makes them all the time and they are so funny!!! We had months of epic “Inspector Cunningham Tales” very funny!!! I often think I know what Roald Dahl’s mother went through while her son was growing up!!!! Hope you guys have a great week!!!

• 4 se7en // Mar 16, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Hay Faith, Thanks I know he will like the compliment, especially from a real writer!!! Hope you all have a great week!!!

• 5 KM // Mar 17, 2011 at 1:28 am

WOW WOW WOW WOW! I love it!

• 6 Dana Carlton // Mar 17, 2011 at 2:10 am

Wonderful illustrations! Your childrens art work always impresses me. This is also one of my favorite books from childhood. I found a copy several years ago and was so excited to pass this one on to my kids.

• 7 se7en // Mar 17, 2011 at 2:17 am

Oh KM, You are so fun!!! Glad you liked it!!!

• 8 se7en // Mar 17, 2011 at 2:18 am

Oh Dana, Isn’t it just one of those books that you totally have to have!!! It is such a heart wrenching tale… I just love it!!! Hope you have a great week!!!

• 9 auntymuffin // Mar 17, 2011 at 9:18 am

What beautiful detail and great insight; a can see him be a writer and illustrator of substance!
    Well done hood#1!

• 10 se7en // Mar 17, 2011 at 10:33 am

Thanks Aunty Muffin!!! He will be thrilled you commented!!! Have a great day!!!

• 11 Tammy mayes // Mar 17, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Awesome stunning illustration!

• 12 Granny Ant // Mar 17, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Very well done Hood No, 1 Wonderful work, beautifully done. What a lot of fun you must have had doing these stunning drawings. Have always loved this book and LOVE these illustrations.

• 13 Karen M // Mar 17, 2011 at 8:26 pm

That is FANTASTIC!! I remember watching the movie as a child at the library, and LOVED it. This brings back wonderful memories.

• 14 se7en // Mar 18, 2011 at 1:58 am

Hay Granny Ant – Glad you liked it!!! Hope you are having a great week!!!

• 15 se7en // Mar 18, 2011 at 2:01 am

Hay Karen, Awesome movie, amazing how everyone I know has a memory of this movie… where they were when they first saw it!!! Hope you have a great weekend!!!

• 16 se7en // Mar 18, 2011 at 2:03 am

Thanks Tammy!!! And thanks so much for stopping by!!! Have a great weekend!!!

• 17 Saturday Spot: Se7en’s Book Fair… » se7en // Jun 5, 2012 at 4:16 am

[…] Book Illustration: Le Ballon Rouge by Owl Books. […]

• 18 Saturday Spot: Se7en Visit France for Bastille Day... - se7en // Jul 16, 2012 at 3:07 am

[…] And our all time favorite French Flavor story: The Red Bslloon… […]

• 19 Se7en Journeys to Europe with the Read the World Book Club... - se7en | se7en // Jul 13, 2016 at 1:41 am

[…] Nothing says English countryside quite like Beatrix Potter and James Herriot, both of these books we love. Then of course there is Madeline from Paris and The Cow in the Canal from Holland, Ferdinand in Spain. All the Katie Books are fabulous, there is everything to love about them. And finally one of our all time favourites has to be the Red Balloon, that Hood #1 illustrated for us. […]