The Movies… Le Ballon Rouge

September 7th, 2010 · 9 Comments

Turns out we are not nearly as well as I thought we were… and we are going to have a super slow week of blogging!!! Can you stand it!!! Some of us are better than others and for those of us in the better category all we are up to is really short movies and then back to a state of collapse, for a couple of hours to recover. So this is the sort of movie we have been watching – one of my all time favorite classics!!!

Go on… Give yourself a half hour break and watch it, it is on VIMEO right now!!! You will love the bittersweet. It certainly brings back gushes of memories!!! Don’t worry if your French is weak – there are no words to mention!!!

When I was a kid we had the book and I remember just loving the magic of it!!!

theredballoon.jpg

Have fun!!!

Tags: Reviews · Thoughtful Thursdays

• 1 Cheryl // Sep 7, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Hope you all feel better soon. I have fond memories of watching this movie in my childhood. Nice reminder.

• 2 rebekka // Sep 7, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Oh, my…that brings back so many wonderful memories for me, too!!!

• 3 Lili // Sep 7, 2010 at 10:17 pm

I hope you’ll feel better pretty soon, take care!!

• 4 se7en // Sep 8, 2010 at 12:20 am

Thanks Cheryl!!! I couldn’t believe I found it, a piece of vintage brilliance!!! Lots of love…

• 5 se7en // Sep 8, 2010 at 12:21 am

Hi Rebekka, Wasn’t it such a great “gasp, sigh” movie… My kids were quite enraptured!!!

• 6 se7en // Sep 8, 2010 at 12:27 am

Thanks Lili, You are too kind!!!

• 7 April O. // Sep 8, 2010 at 6:11 am

Thank you SO much for that! One of my all time favorites too. I just had the wonderful opportunity to share it with my husband and daughter for the first time. So nice. Thank you again!

• 8 se7en // Sep 8, 2010 at 8:57 am

Hay April O. I am so glad you enjoyed it!!! I knew it would catch one or two readers by the heart strings!!! It certainly caught ours!!! Have a fun week!!!

• 9 Book Illustration – Le Ballon Rouge by OwlBooks… » se7en // Mar 16, 2011 at 8:03 am

[…] Hood #1 has a “publication” company called Owl Books. He reports our weekly newspaper and writes and illustrates immense volumes… this one was really worth a post… It is based on one of our favorite books/movies Le Ballon Rouge: […]