- Caroline Collie From Africa With Love has a way of writing that leaves you speechless, hold your breathe and have a look at her Easter post: Our Ugly Made Beautiful.
- Totally love these pizza flags of the world, from tinyurbankitchen, totally totally cool.
- You have to love The Anatomy of a Cup Cake on LMNOP… it is just too cute for words!!!
- Join in with us and the International Postcard Swap with Families on Playing by the Book… You have to make five postcards and post them off and then five will return to you… I love this idea and would love to add some postcards to our ever growing postcard collection. Playing by the Book is especially looking for postcards from ALL over the world and I know our readers are just that… so take a look and sign up, you may even get to swap with us!!!
- And our friend Cassi of the Crafty Crow was interviewed on the Magnifying Glass this week, Yay!!! And if you like the great outdoors with your kids then The Magnifying Glass is a fabulous blog to follow.
- Oh would you look, would you look…Remember our sketchbook? Well Sketchbook 2012 is up and running – yayayayayay!!! And I am hopeless at deadlines… hopefully I will remember the pain of leaving a project till the very last possible minute!!!
- Aimee over at My Homespun Threads is having a Summer for Crafty Kids Collection – I think it’s going to be fun, fun, fun… check it out!!!
- This week on The Organizing Junkies 52 Weeks: #16 Getting those Drawers under control.
And the Se7en + 1th Thing…
Last week I couldn’t decide if I should start a huge project this week or if I should just organize a couple of little things… little hotspots each day. Well, my week decided for me… teeny tiny bits everyday… but I have been making strides in our “backroom” which has once again tended to chaos. I don’t know what happened, we started school and the room went into disarray. Actually I need a bit more space on the bookshelves for workbooks that are lying in piles, and craft projects that are half-finished have been dumped there… and we have had lots of visitors… so any school stuff lying about the kitchen gets dumped there. Anyway just fifteen minutes a day means over an hour by the end of the week and actually small gaps of space are re-appearing and our recycling bag is stuffed to the brim!!! And I did get to repair yet another pile of books and clear quite a bit of shelf space.
But mostly I dedicated this week to getting back into the rhythm of school – so worth it!!! I have to say the great organizing achievement of the week was a school schedule for everyone… their own chart in their file that they work through and they bring to me when they have completed a section… it worked!!! Everyone was happily working away and if anyone was loitering about I could say: “It is 10:15 what should you be doing?” A glance at their schedule and off they went. It was just so brilliant because it wasn’t me saying “do this/do that” but rather the schedule… And when things got late or behind we just followed the schedule. But the best thing about it was that there was an end to the school day – not just lingering on and on as I remembered things they ought to have done. If it wasn’t on the schedule it didn’t get done and I will tweak a bit and adjust for next week… but I am thrilled to say I have found a tool that really works for my kids and for me!!!
Thats us – Hope you have had a fabulous Easter Weekend!!!