Se7en + 1 things I have learnt since becoming a mom!
Just in case you thought I had run out of celebrities – I haven’t… Please welcome a fellow blogger from Cape Town whose blog read like a magazine, snippets of this and that and plenty of bits and pieces!!!
- Mothering requires patience, patience and then more patience – and I
don’t have much… So every day I am growing in this area and probably will
for the rest of my life.
- The true meaning of the word sacrifice – I don’t think it’s possible to
really understand what it is to be completely self-less until you have
little kids demanding all of you, all the time!
- That I may as well hand over my salary to my GP and local pharmacy at the
start of each month…. Even though I think we stock every medication known
to man that is required for small kids, we still seem to spend a small
fortune there every month and have at least bi-monthly visits to the doc…
- A huge capacity to love – each time I look at my kids my heart almost
bursts with love for them. Yes, there are times I also feel irritation and
resentment (2am springs to mind) but these don’t last long and in the
- It is necessary to treat a stain immediately otherwise you can forget it.
- Children are an immediate conversation starter – wherever you are people
will strike up conversations with you about your kids, and everyone is an
expert whether you want the advice or not! (as an aside beware the
- Having kids has introduced me to some of the most amazing friends and I
am so blessed to have fellow mommies to be able to share our ups and downs
together… Mommy friends are invaluable for my sanity 🙂
- Getting out and about with my kids helps me to cope with the day just a
bit better and remembering to take some time out to do things that I enjoy
and love makes me a better mom. That is the reason I started my blog, Becoming You. To remind me about what I
find inspiring and that I am more that just someone’s mom and I do in fact
have many facets (although “being someone’s mom” is my favourite!)
morning the lovely sweet smiles that greet me melt my heart all over again!
And the Se7en + 1th
Thank you, Becoming You so much for your list of Se7en + 1… Motherhood is certainly a fast track to several life lessons that I never ever thought I would learn… And I so agree with you on getting out… Blogging did indeed get me out and making wonderful friends all over the world!!!