Se7en Fast Fun Felt Finger Puppets

July 28th, 2011 · 18 Comments

Here is a crazy thing… We have never made felt finger puppets, and we love puppets so, I thought they would be too tricky and difficult for little hands. I always thought you would have to stitch them and I had visions of children hanging around me, while I sat stitching as fast as I could… Turns out “How wrong I was!!!” They are easy peasy and once we got started we just couldn’t stop!!!

You going to need some colorful felt…

Cut out two pieces of felt… about three fingers wide, so that when you add glue to your puppet there is still room for a finger to squeeze inside. Also you need a big enough surface for the artist to work on!!!

You can cut out and make any number of different hairdo’s… and faces…

Put a trail of glue around the edge of your puppet – you need to use adhesive glue like this, glue stick and regular white glue didn’t work.

DSC_0918DSC_0923DSC_0922

Then it is time to decorate… Googley eyes are great… (but not essential… you can just use markers).

And markers…

And extra bits and pieces of felt…

And copious amounts of glitter…

DSC_0965DSC_0972DSC_0971

And a very quiet afternoon of busy little hands produced an entire gallery of inspiration:

It really is that easy… Have fun!!!

Tags: Fabric Crafts · People/Puppet Crafts · Tuesday Art Task

• 1 irene // Jul 28, 2011 at 8:12 am

wow – the snail, the princesses and the dragons are my favourites. These are quick and easy, right? So cute

• 2 Kimberly @ Raising Olives // Jul 28, 2011 at 10:23 am

Those are so cute and my kids would love to make them. They would provide hours and hours of entertainment, especially good as most of our little ones are getting over (or getting) a stomach bug and aren’t feeling up to playing outside.

Thank you.

• 3 maggy, red ted art // Jul 28, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Oh my! Once again TRULY fabulous! And love how you did these all with glue. How very sensible!!!

Thanks for joining Kids Get Crafty! You are always an inspiration!

Maggy

• 4 adventures in babywearing // Jul 28, 2011 at 3:36 pm

These are awesome!

Steph

• 5 se7en // Jul 28, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Hay Irene… So quick and easy and they would make fabulous gifts!!! This craft was a great discovery!!!

• 6 se7en // Jul 28, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Hi Kimberly, Glad you like them… Hope your kiddies are feeling so much better really soon!!!

• 7 se7en // Jul 28, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Oh Maggy, You always send such lovely comments!!! We are so happy to join your link up…. Have a great week!!!

• 8 se7en // Jul 28, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Hay Steph, You came by and read our blog – so glad you liked our puppets… Had to practice, to make them for breakfast TV at five in the morning (aug!!!)… blogging leads you down many strange paths!!! Have a fun day with your fab four!!!

• 9 Sarah // Jul 28, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Found your blog via the Imagination Tree. The puppet ideas are so inspiring. One of my children is keen to do a “show” of some sort so this is really helpful.
    Liked your Wales post too. We’ve recently come back from holiday there.

• 10 se7en // Jul 29, 2011 at 2:31 am

Hi Sarah, So good to meet you!!! I love the photos from your Wales trip, just wonderful!!! Hope you have a fun weekend!!!

• 11 Katherine marie // Jul 29, 2011 at 4:09 am

Wildly wonderful!! I too love that you used glue…. So inspirational for those of us who don’t sew!!!!!

• 12 se7en // Jul 29, 2011 at 9:18 am

Hay KM, Glue is the winner!!! Who knew!!! Have a fun weekend!!!

• 13 jacki // Jul 29, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Fabulous craft for a rainy summer’s day!

• 14 Cheryl // Jul 30, 2011 at 12:01 am

Oh my goodness. So bright and colourful! They are wonderful and so much imagination. I bet your children had loads of fun making these and making up stories with them.

• 15 se7en // Jul 30, 2011 at 2:37 am

Hay Jacki, How are you doing!!! We got your postcards!!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!!

• 16 se7en // Jul 30, 2011 at 2:38 am

Oh Cheryl, Two tubes of glue and going strong… we loved making these… totally hooked!!! Such fun and so easy and I can see so many potential projects launching from these!!! Hope you have a fun weekend!!!

• 17 creativejewishmom/sara // Aug 2, 2011 at 1:28 pm

wow, wow, wow, another gorgeous, and creative projects from the house of little artists! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

• 18 se7en // Aug 2, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Hi Sara, How are you!!! SO glad you like our puppets we had such fun making them!!! Really we couldn’t stop… The limit on the project was the amount of glue available!!! Hope you have a lovely week!!!