World Blog Day – A Feast of Favorite Blogs…

September 2nd, 2011 · 16 Comments

Today is World Blog Day, well yesterday actually, because sometimes life gets in the way of blogging!!! Anyway what better excuse than to share a few of my favorite blogs with you!!! Not all the ones I love to read – every single day, just a smattering and a taste of blog flavors that I love:

Best Mom Blogs: I would like to be neighbors with all of these bloggers only half a world separates most of us!!!

• LifeNut. What can I say a family with eight delightful funky kids and a mom that writes up a storm!!!
  • Adventures in Baby Wearing. A mom with four gorgeous kids, whip makes the ordinary look extraordinary and a mom who is so very good at sharing her thoughts.
  • Katherine Marie. Crafty, loving, family fun… Every post is a work of art.
  • Time to Craft. Love the ramblings and the makings and the doings over here.
  • Whatever. Bright Funky fun, More Rainbows than you have ever seen.
  • We are That Family. Real kids, real life, thought provoking post after thought provoking post.

Best Eye Candy:

• Design Mom. A mom with a couple of kids!!! Spending a year in France, she shares all sorts of eye candy and wonderful discoveries on a daily basis!!!
  • Geninne’s Art Blog. A Magical gasp of beautiful art every single post. She shares her home, her art, her desk… just loveliness…
  • Made by Joel. Heaps of cool, crisp, clean, crafts… simple to make and from stuff you have… popover and look at his paper city!!!
  • Meet Me At Mikes. I have been loving this blog for ever, packed with variety and fun, books, eats, crafts. writing… just brilliant fun… LOVE IT!!!
  • Alisa Burke. Shares her beautiful sketchbooks and has brilliant online classes!!!.

Best Tips For Life, School And Blogging:

DSC03221

Places that are always good to visit:

• Playing by the Book. Always, always something good to read over here and I love her postcard swaps!!!
  • Vintage Kids Books. What;s not to love about books from your own childhood and author interviews and everything bookish.
  • Ohdeedoh. Because there is always something fun and funky over there.
  • Kireei. Love, love, love Kireei!!!
  • Babyccino. Oh there is lots to love over there!!! Just stuff… lots of nice stuff!!!
  • Li’l Magoolie: Lovely fun finds from around the web – everyday!!!

Best Craft and Great Outdoor Blogs:

• The Crafty Crow. Before I had a blog I loved the Crafty Crow… crafts galore everyday… everything to love!!!
  • One Pretty Thing. Absolutely everything crafty… Collection after collection of brilliant printables, sewing, kids, food, party crafts, crafts, crafts!!!
  • Whip-Up. I have one word to say about whip up and their kid’s mags… WOW!!!
  • Imagine ChildHood. Oh the great outdoors from around the world in beautiful full color!!!
  • The Magnifying Glass. Love this spot for things to do and see in the great outdoors!!!
  • Fimby. A Family that takes living out doors to new and lovely heights!!!

DSC08783

Places I Love to Link Up Each Week:

I hate to say it, but that’s not nearly all of them… but I have to post a post sometime… So a smattering of my favorites!!! Hope there are a bunch of new blogs for you to look at and I would love to hear about your favorite, favorite blogs in the comments!!!

Tags: Blog News

• 1 Cheryl // Sep 2, 2011 at 1:06 am

Oh my! Just when my unread list in google reader had come down to triple figures, I’m now adding a whole lot more. Thanks for including me. I love the idea of the virtual neighbourhood. Look like a nice crowd!

• 2 Zoe // Sep 2, 2011 at 7:40 am

My coffee is just brewing and then I’m going to have a wonderful time exploring all these blogs (kids are still asleep fortunately!)
    Thanks so much for including me in your list, I’m honoured.

• 3 se7en // Sep 2, 2011 at 7:51 am

Hi Cheryl, Yay it’s Friday… sorry to fill up your reader, I have to say about once a week I hit “all read” on my news reader!!! I am really going for a virtual neighborhood… some folks just click!!! Hope your day is a whole lot warmer than ours… we have an icy wind straight from the south pole pummeling us!!! Lots of love…

• 4 se7en // Sep 2, 2011 at 7:52 am

Hay Zoe, What was I thinking… thanks for the coffee reminder, my day would be so much better if I had some inside me!!! It was my pleasure to include you – hope you have a fun browse!!!

• 5 cris camarena // Sep 2, 2011 at 10:55 am

Thanks for including us in your wonderful list, we love your blog too.

• 6 se7en // Sep 2, 2011 at 11:47 am

Oh Cris of the wonderful Kireei, You made my day by stopping by and commenting!!! Have a fun weekend!!!

• 7 Joy // Sep 2, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Hi there from beautiful Benoni to fabulous Fish Hoek! I have just stumbled across your amazing web page – WOW! I will need a week to digest it all – I take my hat off to you and all the outstanding work you do…. well done!
    Take care
    Joy

• 8 Katherine marie // Sep 2, 2011 at 6:39 pm

So many blogs To check out! Yay! Of course I will save for a rainy day.. Thanks for including me on your wonderful list. Xoxoxoo

• 9 gretchen from lifenut // Sep 2, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Wow! Thanks for including us! You are totally delightful and I look forward to meeting you someday, somehow. Seriously!
    gretchen from lifenut´s last blog post ..That each of them may eat and drink

• 10 Sarah // Sep 2, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Such a list to tempt me as we start home schooling for the autumn! I will have fun looking at these.
    Have you looked at Pleasantview Schoolhouse?
    It is one of my favourites.

• 11 se7en // Sep 2, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Oh Katherine Maire… Of course I had to include you!!! I hope you have many rainy days with your feet up. I hope you are getting masses of rest – really I do. Lots of love and hope your weekend is a great one!!!

• 12 se7en // Sep 3, 2011 at 12:01 am

Hay Lifenut friend… Had to include you’ll. Can you imagine a meet up of all our kids and the huge table we would need for dinner!!! Wonderful, crazy fun!!! Can’t wait for the someday, somehow!!! Have a fun weekend!!!

• 13 se7en // Sep 3, 2011 at 12:03 am

Hi Sarah, Thanks for the lovely link!!! I love exploring new sights!!! Hope you have a great weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!!!

• 14 Reba // Sep 3, 2011 at 2:06 am

Just…thank you! I think it’s cool that God uses you to shepherd me even though we don’t really know each other. This blog entry came into my inbox just as I was feeling discouraged about not knowing where to look for inspiration in our homeschool. 🙂
    Reba´s last blog post ..Cereal Box Knight Helmuts

• 15 se7en // Sep 4, 2011 at 12:52 am

Hay Reba, Wow It has been a busy day over here, else I would have replied sooner… I just wanted to thank you for your lovely comment and hope you have a restful weekend and find lots of renewed energy for school!!! Thanks for visiting!!!

• 16 Kerry // Sep 4, 2011 at 11:45 am

Yeeehhaaa!!! I’m off to Blog Hop, Thanks for sharing 🙂 – also, the September Calendar is FAB, my kids have a Roald Dahl Day at school on the 13th and I was about to search your blog for your previous post – awesome! Have a lovely day, blow a kiss to FH Beach for us x
    Kerry´s last blog post ..So long Summer… So long…