Se7en Things a Dad can give his children:
- He can give his heart: Just the slightest rattle of the front gate has everyone dashing to see of it their “father person.” Every departure, if it be for a day at the office or a quick dash down the road, is an important one – with se7en + 1 hugs to see him on his way.
- He can give them rest: My kids think there is nothing better than hanging out on the couch with their dad, wiling away their time together.
- He can give them adventures: He will take all his kids down the road at dusk, they will conquer fears, they’ll cross dangerous fields and return home safely having hunted down a quart of milk.
- He can give them a family: He has certainly given them a team of siblings. While my husband is no athlete, he and his gang make a great team. He wouldn’t dream of tackling a project without the help of his kids. – even if it is making pizza on Saturday night – everyone gets a turn to help.
- He can give them their needs: He doesn’t just provide the everyday stuff, he fulfills those extra things – sometimes things that they urgently need and sometimes things they want… not always material things. Sometimes our kids might need an hour or two out alone with their dad… it is something they need and something that only he can provide.
- He can give them life lessons: He teaches us about being faithful and how to pray to their Father in Heaven.
- He can give them strength: He teaches by example, he expects them to behave well and to go the extra mile when they are called too. And the kids love to rise to his expectations.
- He can give them confidence: He relies on them and signs them up: For jobs at church; for dinner guests; for all day guests… for all sorts of things. He is believes in what his kids can do and, while they don’t always do what he expects them to do, they do not disappoint him.
And the se7en + 1th thing:
Hope you had a great Father’s Day where ever you are!!!