It is a tradition during the month of our Blogaversary to ask a couple of our favorite bloggers for a list of Se7en + 1 “anythings…” Things they love or things they loathe!!! Best books, best blogs, things you love about blogging, best outings, best ice-cream flavors, places to visit, best foods, fun traditions, habits, kid stuff you still enjoy, summer fun, winter fun, even se7en +1 favorite words – whatever they like…
Well, I am once again super pleased to be here again sharing my “se7en +1” things with you. I ADORE se7en and her wonderful wonderful blog, activities and attitude towards life. I always ooh and aah in wonder. So it is an honour to be here. Oh… “me”, being Maggy from Red Ted Art, were I like to get crafty and attempt to inspire others to do the same.
Today… I would love to share se7en +1 things I would like to teach children:
- To be kind and thoughtful – to look after their friends, family and neighbours. Be kind and helpful to strangers and those who need it. I try to do this by leading by example and when they are older, I will try and get them to do charity work with me.
- To cook – making enjoy food and explore new flavours and dishes. I try and do this by encouraging them to cook with me whenever there is time and the opportunity presents. At present, they are more interested in baking though!!
- To love the world – making them want to explore it, as well as look after it. I try and do this, by spending lots of time exploring the atlas, talking about different countries, traditions. We also are keen recyclers and I try and teach them about “not wasting” what we have.
- To learn about plants and where food comes from (we are city folk!). I try and do this by growing tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries, carrots, potatoes etc in our small garden. We have varying degrees of success, but it is still fun and exciting. During mealtimes we talk about what food we are eating and where it comes from.
- To learn to swim, ride a bike, ski and (eventually) drive a car (I see these as basic “life skills, best learnt when young” – ok, so skiing isn’t a life skill…. But I would love them to be able to!). So far we have achieved the bike! And the kids love water. It is a start.
- To be creative and believe in themselves. No idea how I will achieve this, but hey… it is a good aspiration.
- To have fun and enjoy life. Ditto 6.
- To play chess and card games. Don’t ask me why, but I just want them to know how to play these! (Maybe because you can take card with you anywhere you go and you usually find a chess game tucked away in random corners of the world).
And the se7en + 1th
Thank-you so much Maggy from Red Ted Art’s Blog for your fabulous list and for joining our Celebrity Fun!!!