Welcome to July And happy 4th of July to al our American friends, may your long weekend be full of rest and relaxation!!!
A new month and a new art project… I have to say painting everyday is so much easier than drawing everyday… perhaps because we aren’t trying to paint what we see… but we are trying to play around and learn some new watercolour tricks.
Just a little transition and learning curve over here as I come to grips with Feedly this week… and I realise how many of the posts I read, I read because I find them on twitter… Anyway, Feedly is working but where I used to skim my feeds for post of extreme interest I find myself having to wade through a sea of posts… not that I mind, gotta love reading blogs!!!
Meanwhile, here are this weeks lovely links…
- If you need are in need of a break then look no further… Courtney from the fabulous team of sisters at Babycccino has her annual vacation featured: Family Vacation Idea: Positano on a Cup of Jo.
- Modern Parents Messy Kids… and their Favourite Road Tripping Books!!!
- If you are looking for books for a good read then: The Children’s Book Guide has the 100 Best Children’s Chapter Books of All Time.
- I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again – you have to be following Project Based Homeschooling – The Intellectual Benefits of the Real Old Fashioned Summer.
- As usual so much to love on HandMade Charlotte: Colouring Beyond the Page… I just love the family tree idea!!!
- And since I am a Nikon gal.. You have to check out Music by $30,000 worth of Nikon SLR’s…
- As I blogger I am inundated with endless calls to promote, cross-post, just plain post post… I find the energy require to even ignore the endless barrage of approaching marketers quite exhausting. Well this post by Kate Harrison on How to Approach Bloggers without Offending Them… And since we are talking about bloggers and writing… Have a look at this superb article… Equal. Not. by Catherine Deveny… Read it all the way through, you may never sell yourself short again!!!
- A Blast From the Past: And here are a couple of links to posts, this week, from previous years… There is a theme!!! A Blogging event happened quite by surprise… Our blog very quietly turned five – FIVE!!! I have been working on lots of behind the scenes improvements and updates on our blog and now I realize why… time for a couple of updates… and I will let you know more about them later on in the week!!!
And the se7en + 1th link:
And that’s us – hoping you are all having a fun weekend… arting, reading, resting, feasting, playing… !!!