So last week was Picasso’s birthday, and in between endless cups of tea, we decided to have a celebration…
We began in the usual way by reading through a pile of books…
Feasting on Picasso Pizza
For this we used Colorix crayons, they are fun and bright and we have had them in a drawer for the longest time – out they came and what fun!!!
We used watercolours to paint geometric shapes, cut the shapes out when they were dry and created collage clowns, and musicians and people…
And I know one of you is going to ask, which books did we use, so here are our “go to books” for learning about great artists…
And here are some great links for finding out a few more curious facts….
- A biography for kids on MrNussBaum.com.
- Making Art Fun also has a printable, easy to read biography.
- 10 Incredible facts… on NeatoRama.com (you might not want your young children to read through his list of ladies in #9, but you may well want to stock up some of these facts to amaze your kids… for instance his name had 23 words in it!!!)
- Heaps of facts in quiz format… on FunTrivia..com
- Create a Picasso Head… at PicassoHead.com !!!
That’s us, hope you enjoy… creating!!!