So last week was Picasso’s birthday, and in between endless cups of tea, we decided to have a celebration…
We began in the usual way by reading through a pile of books…
Feasting on Picasso Pizza
For this we used Colorix crayons, they are fun and bright and we have had them in a drawer for the longest time – out they came and what fun!!!
We used watercolours to paint geometric shapes, cut the shapes out when they were dry and created collage clowns, and musicians and people…
And I know one of you is going to ask, which books did we use, so here are our “go to books” for learning about great artists…
And here are some great links for finding out a few more curious facts….
- A biography for kids on MrNussBaum.com.
- Making Art Fun also has a printable, easy to read biography.
- 10 Incredible facts… on NeatoRama.com (you might not want your young children to read through his list of ladies in #9, but you may well want to stock up some of these facts to amaze your kids… for instance his name had 23 words in it!!!)
- Heaps of facts in quiz format… on FunTrivia..com
- Create a Picasso Head… at PicassoHead.com !!!
That’s us, hope you enjoy… creating!!!
16 Replies to “Se7en + 1 Meet Up With Pablo Picasso: Pizza, Portraits and People…”
Yay thank you , love this awesome post!
Glad you liked it Tammy!!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend… full of fun and long sleeps!!!
What great art works. So bold and exciting. I also like the idea of Picasso pizza.
i love the art you have made! Great!
Hay Ginny, thank you so much, we really enjoyed our arting, and especially the Picasso Pizza!!! Hope you have a great week!!!
Thank you Katja, we had a great time creating the artworks… hope you have a fabulous week ahead!!!
What a lot of beautiful art! And that pizza!!
Thank you Jacqui, We had great fun creating and lets face it… food can turn any project into something unforgettable!!! Hope you have the most fabulous week!!!
Fabulous, and such an inspiration as always! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!
Oh Sara, So glad you enjoyed it… wish we could post a craft for you every week!!! Hope you have had a good one!!!