Well Happy Weekending to all of you… Possibly the busiest week of all time, with so many friends stopping by. Gasp, there wasn’t even the tiniest space on the calendar for one more thing, and we are all looking forward to our day of rest. The Start of the week was sunny, and I may have been a little enthusiastic and about half a bazillion projects have been begun. Then the rain set in and we are back under blankets with books…
Plenty of cold wintry walks in the evenings… it is getting dark a little later… but the cold remains!!!
Book of the Week
There was something about this book that I felt I had to read it, for the longest time… really it intrigued me. I am now deep in the heart of the book, if it has one, and it is a bit of a strange read. I am enjoying it, it is not quite the book I expected. The flow of the book took a while for me to get used to, it is some how jerky and full of pauses where one could get totally distracted. However, after you get used to the rhythm of the book, you can understand the message of the book and I find myself lingering somewhat in the pauses… enjoying it and not wanting the book to end too soon. This is a beautiful book, but not at all pretty…heart wrenching. It is the story of a young girl, Liesl during World War II and living in Germany. She is in foster care and the only book that she has at the start of the book is the Gravedigger’s notebook… This is an astonishing read and I can see why it is on many folk’s “must read” list… I find myself surprised over and over again as the book unfolds… Is it on my list of best reads ever… I am not sure, it could go either way. Definitely one of those profound books that you either savour or can’t get past the first ten minutes. I am savouring and winding my way through it.
Lovely Links This Week
- I think it might be time for a little bedroom upgrading around here… these books on Kidstylefile look so inspiring.
- Really enjoyed Under the Sycamore’s Hiking with Kids non-professional tips!!!
- You are going to love us for this link: printable LEGO gift boxes… on linesacross.
- Here’s something crafty that my girls could totally get into right now, on Art Projects for Kids: How to make a rounded braid.
- This is one of my dream destinations… on Imagine Childhood, really I collect islands.
- Just totally loved this on: The Crafty Crow, 14 Inspiring And Easy Nature Crafts and Activities Your Kids Will Love.
- In the spirit of doing stuff… Apartment Therapy had some lovely DIY’s just to take a peak at!!!
- A Blast From the Past: And here are a couple of links to posts, this week, from previous years:
- 2009: Se7en Steps to a Good Party… Party questions asked and answered.
- 2010: Remember the Sabbath Day.
- 2011: Se7en’s Fun Photo Props…
- 2012: Se7en’s Circus in a Suitcase… Celebrating Alexander Calder.
- 2013: Se7en + 1 Wild Animal Cards from Index Cards…
And the se7en + 1th link:
That’s us… Hope your weekend is a fabulous one and we are so looking forward to another week of blogging with you all…