I love this photograph, snapped last week. Another wintry day spent in the kitchen, with little people talking to the father person, party hats and teddy bears and just the daily stuff of life… A pot of tea and Shirley Hughes could have quite easily been there…
Lovely Links from This Week
- I just love this series Motherhood Around the World, on A Cup of Jo.
- Around the World in 40 Books on childhood 101…
- I am feeling the winter slump, and know we should be getting stuff done, but we are all in hibernation. But there is inspiration in here: 101 Awesome Weekend DIY Projects on Poppytalk.
- Does your family have it’s own LEGO language, ours sure does… it is complicated, intricate, and has been developed over about fifteen years. It would be hard for an outsider to figure out the rules, but we aren’t alone… Lego Nomenclature… makes for an interesting read.
- This post is a great one, so worth a read even if you haven’t entered the world of teens yet … Simple Homeschool: Homeschooling Teens, the hardest part of Kris’s homeschool year.
- There is everything to love about Pilgrims’ Passports on Chino House, this week… everything to love!!!
- Will you read Knowing God with me? and Tim Challies, we will definitely be reading along.
And the se7en + 1th:
A Blast From the Past:
- 2008: Se7en types of Party Crafts… Packed with Ideas.
- 2009: Se7en Things I Would Like My Kids to Learn From Doing Chores.
- 2010: Se7en Things I Wish I Had Known About Homeschooling.
- 2011: World Breastfeeding Week: Se7en Things a New Mom Should Know.
- 2012: Living With the Tent Flaps Open.
- 2013: Se7en’s Homeschool Tour.
- 2014: Se7en Steps to a Pair of Fabulous Shoes from Recycling.
Book of the Week
Just to make it quite clear, this is not a review book… We splurged on this one because we love it so much. This book is a pure magical adventure and everywhere you may have or wish you had explored. This is the Atlas of all Atlases, filled with teeny tiny details… wildlife, landmarks and people groups, languages… there are snippets of incredible facts… this book is an inspiration like no other. Just pouring over it and chatting about the places we could go, this book has inspired the adventurer inside of us. It does what great books do best, sets you free to dream dreams…
That’s us… Hope your weekend has been a fabulous one and we are so looking forward to another week of blogging with you all…