It is officially Winter Holiday Season over here, schools are out and the weather is cold. It is definitely hot chocolate season!!! Last winter we took our first holiday in the City Centre and it was one of our best holidays ever… There are a lot of family friendly things to do in the city centre. And a full day of exploring at the Waterfront is a must, here are our budget friendly suggestions. Not only that but there are masses of specials that you really want to take a look at…
Se7en+1 Winter Break Specials
- This Thursday Night (28 July) is Museum Night: And one of our favourite family outings… check out our previous Museum Night Posts… and another Museum Night. A number of museums will be open and free on the night and tickets to the Two Oceans Aquarium are half price.
- Izikio Museums: Free workshops in the city centre…
- The Planetarium has a “Build your own Rocket Workshop”: for kids age 5-11.
- CTEET and Changing Lives through Nature at Zeekoevlei: have a number of workshops for kids… and their work is absolutely fabulous.
- Kirstenbosch Gardens Winter Wonders Holiday Programme: Can I just say… during the Winter Holidays children up to the age of seventeen have free access to the gardens. This is huge folks and we will be taking full advantage of that!!!
- Treehouse Family: Has hikes and days in the great outdoors… Silvermine, Cape Point and Boulder’s Beach for the win!!!
- City Sightseeing: Has there 3 for 1 Winter Holiday Special, which means that two kids go free with every paying adult. This is valid for their bus tours and harbour cruises. This is a very valid outing… one of our favourite favourites!!! Otherwise they have free walking tours that our kids loved last winter…
- CableWay Kidz Season: Another 3 for 1 special, every paying adult can take two children up the Cable Car for free. And Cape Point Funicular: Also has a 3 for 1 Special, 2 kids age 6-16 for every paying adult. There are some T’s and C’s check them out here.