So first week of summer holidays and we were out everyday – unheard of… insane. and let’s just say the title of this post should be:
How to get exhausted in Se7en Steps…
I just spent the entire morning picking up the detritus of a life on the run. All that dashing means projects are done but not tidied, meals are eaten but not swept up from, books are read but not packed back. I could go on and on… but it is so boring- even for me!
In a nutshell:
- On Sunday we stayed up very late for the Carol Service at Church… and went to look at the Christmas lights.
- And on Monday we went for an awesome outing… here is a sneaky peak… I will pop it in the Saturday Spot later… an entire day out in the sun and fun…
- Tuesday we went for haircuts – don’t die of excitement! I just love that I can see all those little ears again!
- And Wednesday we went for an eye-check up… we were due for an appointment in January (last January). I kept putting it off and suddenly it is the end of the year – gasp. Totally good parenting and I sense a Home Truth about vision control in the house of se7en…
- On Thursday the grandfather person came of older age and we had to go out for custard croissants to mark the occasion.
- Friday we went to the library and got sixty-two fresh books… Followed by another late night: a bring and share farewell supper with friends…
- And today is I hope a chill at home day with some friends coming over for pizza and a swim later, not that I will swim even though it is blisteringly hot… Instead I will get back to things dear to my heart – like blogging.
So we have a book of the week: It is Up and Down Andes:
We totally love this book. We got it from The Picnic Basket, which is a brilliant book review blog for kids books – that I really, really, really don’t want to share with you – but in my state of bleary-eyed, an outing a day week and numerous late nights, I will be nice… and definitely this book will feature on our Tuesday art Task.
Hood #7 did a lot of surfing on the tea tray:
And exploring of remote and distant lands…
Hood #6: Joined the fashion ranks (like we always knew she would) and climbed into a burlap bag… the new nest!
And then discovered an escape route…
Hood #5: Became the resident peg-legged pirate.
Hood #4: Our resident gnome added a backpack to his outfit.
Hood #2 and #3: Did something on the sly – because there are no pictures to be found!
Otherwise there was a major achievement:
Okay, let’s see that again:
That’s it… Have a Great Weekend.