Told you it was the season for birthdays… And today was mine. To be honest I would quite like the day over… it was too windy for a walk on the beach and somehow a birthday isn’t a birthday without one. As soon as it isn’t a windy day I intend to catch up and march my kids down to the shore for some whale spotting!!! Moving on, tradition has it that I tell you se7en + 1 things that I am loving, thinking, whatever… random things on my mind. So here they are:
- This year I promised myself I would get tweeting. Not one to to rush into anything, it took until August to send my first tweet but finally we are tweeting and you can follow the ins and outs our day over there.
- And then there is Pinterest… I just love it, my relaxation at the end of the day… look for bits of eye candy and stick it into my virtual scrap book… Just love it!!!
- I say “cheeky monkeys” almost every time I point my camera at my kids – a lot!!! They say it right back… and I love a fine coffee and chocolate coated toffees. Right now my favorite chocolate that is heavenly: Lindt chocolate of the Salty kind – hmmmmm very good!!!
- Moleskins… Love them in all shapes and forms: blank, diaries, travel and all of them. So much so that I just signed up for The Sketchbook 2012 Project.
- I found the perfect birthday cake for me, over on Ohdeedoh: It captures my love for Crayola with cake… I could live with that…
- Just love this time of year when our garden comes into its own – We had our first green salad of the season, fresh from the garden, for dinner this evening!!!
- I enjoy a good weekend outing and if our car wasn’t still redundant in the driveway then I would make full use of this great deal for Cape Townians: Free entrance to all The IZIKO Museums JUST this week!!!
- Our kids, love hanging out with them playing games and arting and reading… the list goes on, the time is so short. I know I will blink and they will be off and into the big wide world… I am going to make the most of this season in my life!!!
And the se7en + 1th thing…
And since this is the day that I tell you something about me – One of the most often asked questions I get is what do I look like. Apparently the occasional photograph, that sneaks by is not enough and this photograph just doesn’t do it for you!!! It is my all time favorite!!!
But this year I have been making the effort to have my photo taken – I actually do want my kids to have something to remember me by… but that’s a whole post of its own… Here you go… the writer behind the blog.
That’s it, another birthday post done!!! There are more to come next week!!!