I don’t know how it happens, but birthdays seem to spin past at an alarming rate… a clear indicator of my age… I know my children’s birthdays dra..aaag from year to year!!! Did you know that I share a birthday with “Where’s Wally” or if you are an American follower… “Where’s Waldo?”
In celebration of Twenty-five years of Where’s Wally we have had the most amazing week of blogging and GiveAways over here… and there are a few more GiveAways to come… but I need to come up for air and breathe… just a little and think of an ingenious way to part with our Wonderful Where’s Wally prizes… and we have tons of them!!!
But tradition has it that on this day each year I share se7en + 1 things about me… things that I love… things that you might not already know:
- Being a mum means that I have a number of skills: time management, organising (somewhat) and so on… but I think the skill that separates me from the crowd is: plumbing. I can fix drains, flush unflushables, repair, retighten… demolish and puzzle back together all the bits and pieces… my children have trained me well!!! Well plumbing and putting sleepless infants to sleep… I have this soporific effect, unfortunately to put them to sleep I have to put myself to sleep and that is kind of counter-productive!!!
- I am always astonished to hear of women in the news who have babies without knowing they were pregnant. I’ve always just known. The father person knew, better than any test bought at the store… his indicator was always when I called to mention that I had connected the car with the gate post. Worked about eight times!!!
- My mom used to lie on the couch and read when I was a child… I aspire to this!!! I only just recently realised if I don’t start doing that now it won’t be a habit and my children won’t remember me for it!!! So I have been making a little time to lie on the couch and read everyday…
- My all time favourite meals are outdoors – I love fresh air… my ultimate meal is most likely lasagne with a fabulous salad… eaten outdoors… and I am training my children to this end.
- Returning from the library with seventy books each week is probably my biggest parenting achievement and way up higher on my mothering goals than matching socks or even shoes.
- I loathe and detest shopping… but I love browsing!!! I love lots of things and I can look at beautiful things – like stationary and books and everything design, but I don’t need to own anything… I don’t need to own anything at all. In the same vein, I am quite happy to pin millions of lovely things on pinterest but I never ever do any of the crafts I pin and I don’t feel bad about it either… I just enjoy looking at them and I hope my readers enjoy looking at them too!!!
- I qualify for this job at the British Antarctic Survey – I even thought about it for about half a second and the thought again… I think I need to be at the kitchen table with Crayolas for quite a few more years before I think about actual work.
- I know that if read our blog then you know this already… but I can’t help myself… I love this gang of hoods with all my heart, and getting a photograph with all eight of them is a killer of a task… We are going to have to eat some cake to recover!!!
And the se7en + 1th…
And that’s it – se7en things about me until next year…
Meanwhile look out for these little feet… and you might want to follow us on twitter and instagram…
Because next week we are going on a walkabout through our city… do a tour with Where’s Wally and it is going to be a heap of fun for our readers… here and abroad!!!
Have a fun weekend!!!