A Fabulous Fun Post got pushed to Monday. This is what happens when you spend your weekends blogging about Urban Gardening, From the world of winter, cold and sunny weather… with impending rain. We have become intrepid trainspotters. It’s the new sport round here!!!
So here are some great Monday reads for you all. And thank you all for entering our fab GiveAway last week. Read on, read on…
Book of the Week
The Sword of Kuromori by Jason Rohan published by Penguin Books South Africa. This is the story of Kenny Blackwood, he is off to Japan to spend the summer with his father, who works there. Curious things begin to happen, even on the plane… and curiouser and curiouser. Kenny discovers that he and his grandfather have a special ability, they can see the spirits behind our real world. The world of mythology is right there with them as they go about their daily life. He is on a quest to unravel this mystery and save millions of lives – time is of course running short and to add to the tension his father is captured by the “Japanese Secret Service.” This is a tale of magic and mythology intertwined, and the fast pace leaves you feeling like you are dashing through a comic book rather than a chapter book. My teens really enjoyed reading it… interesting and intriguing and different to the other spy, mystery, adventure genre that they typically read. We were given The Sword of Kuromori by Penguin Books South Africa for review purposes, the opinions expressed are as usual our own.
This Weeks Lovely Links
- Here’s a little news for you: Kirstenbosch Gardens will be celebrating “101 years tomorrow” and their is free entry into the gardens for everyone. If you haven’t yet taken a walk on the Boomslang Canopy Walkway grab the chance!!!
- Well I don’t think there is a book I read as a child that I didn’t want to visit one day… I have a long list of places to visit, simply because a book I read passed through it. You have to take a look at Cressida Cowell’s Real Life Dragon Island…
- HandMade Charlotte DIY Collages… Fun! Fun! Fun!
- I have a lad who would love, love this…Aircraft Carrier… from Love and Lollipops is just a must.
- Best use of pegs ever, spotted on Kireei!!!
- Can we have a galactic Hoorah: What Katie Ate… is back…
- This post one of the best blogging posts I have read in forever, dead honest… just how blogging is: Anatomy of a blog post by Elise of Elise Gets Crafty.
- A Blast From the Past: Just a trip down memory lane, from previous years:
And the se7en + 1th link:
The Amazing Scratch Map for Kids from MapStudio
All the entries…
Our annual winter puzzle has begun… slow, slow, slow progress. Hundreds of pieces still to go. Can you tell what it is!!!
Anyway our Scratch Map winner is… comment #46:
Ashley Lee Jun 23, 2014 at 3:00 pm What fun!
Congratulations to: Ashley Lee expect an email from us shortly so that we can get your prizes to you as soon as possible.
We would like to thank MapStudio who supplied us with the GiveAway map. We were not paid for the review and the opinions expressed in it are as usual, entirely our own.
That’s us… Hope your weekend was a fabulous one and we are so looking forward to another week of blogging with you all…