There is always that little tease of spring and then winter returns unashamedly. Well winter is full force right now. Despite that we managed a week of evening ambles and an extreme hike in the wild and crazy weather… everyone had sweaters on – it was that cold!!!
Lovely Links from This Week
- I cannot understand why we have never gotten around to Stick Loom Weaving, I love this on Babyccinokids and we have to get round to this!!!
- Because I just love Art Supplies… My Favourite School Supplies on That Artist Woman…
- I discovered the Zero Waste Home… And so Many Tips, lots of interesting reads…
- This is fun, my kids would totally go for a few additions suggested in this post: How to Create a Backyard Adventure Playground on the Forest School for All.
- A Galactically encouraging kind of post: On YTravel: 9 Lessons Learned from the Problogger Conference.
- Oh Happy Day was taking a break and left this fab collection of great reads behind…
- Since we blogged about Making a Museum Earlier this week here are two helpful links: A Kids Guide to Collecting Things And the Smithsonian, on Kids Collecting.
- A Blast From the Past:
- 2008: Eating Out with Se7en
- 2009: Se7en Chores and Life Skills We Do…
- 2010: Se7en Things I Would Do If I Had to Start Homeschooling Again.
- 2011: Se7en Build a Weather Station for Weather Watching.
- 2012: It’s a Wrap… Se7en + 1 Books Completely Covered.
- 2013: Se7en at School: Where have all the Father’s Gone?
- 2014: Se7en + 1 Things Learnt For
It is Bandana Season again… And if you haven’t noticed Bandanas are back in Pick’n Pay Stores… All over Pick’nPay Stores… this is a good thing because you can do so many stunning things with a bandana and buying a bandana supports a very important cause that is dear to our hearts, take a look at The Sunflower Fund Website and see how you can support them.
And the se7en + 1th link:
Book of the Week
Stoked by Chris Bertish, Published by Penguin Random House South Africa: A couple of weeks back my gang and I headed out on a wintry evening to attend the launch of this book… Never suspecting that the venue, “Shout Out to Tiger’s Milk in Muizenberg” for fabulous service in very difficult circumstances. Turns out everyone wanted to be at this launch and everyone and their friends and family had arrived. We never actually saw Chris Bertish, we stood together squashed at the back of the restaurant, huddled together and watching endless platters of fabulous food fly past us… we were treated to the most divine pizza, and we did have to return later to to experience the food when it wasn’t nearly so crazy…
I did say that we didn’t get to even see the author amongst the crowds… but we did get to hear him speak and my teens rushed home to read the book, they wanted to discover more. The book is the story of Big Wave Surfer, Chris Bertish, and we mean Big Waves… 60 ft faces, and 350 tonnes of water smashing down and Chris Bertish is one of the handful of folk the world over that pursue these waves, they are inexplicably drawn to surfing these mighty waves. This book is thrilling and inspiring all at the same time… he tells how he began surfing as a young boy and never looked back and how he relentlessly pursued waves all over the world. There were times when he literally had to sell the clothes off his back and he just never gave up.
The irony was not lost on us, that the night of the book launch there were literally the smallest waves ever… and then in the final chapter he practically surfs a tsunami. This book is about adventure, a person prepared to follow their passion at any cost, and the work involved in pursuing his dream. If you love the sea, or you have a dream… any dream, then this book will be a fabulous read. You can read more about Chris and the work he does at his website… it’s a treat go and check it out.
Stoked was given to us for review purposes by Penguin Books South Africa, we were not paid for this review and the opinions expressed are our own.
That’s us… Hope your weekend has been a fabulous one and we are so looking forward to another week of blogging with you all… not to mention a GiveAway or Two…
4 Replies to “Se7en’s Fabulous Fun Post #287”
Lovely links this week! We are starting our first day back to school today, hoping for a smooth start! Hope your gang has a great week!
Hay Christi, So good luck with your first day back… I hope everything goes brilliantly for you and your gang… All the very best!!!
We have full on summer – never mind Spring. But I see Friday is going to be icy again
Oh Cat… I sigh… we are freezing away… the odd sunny day, but is tepid sun!!! Longing for some sunshine and then I remember that we haven’t had a lot of snow yet this year – so that’s still coming… forgive me if I hibernate until deep summer!!!