Happy Birthday Hood #2 and an Interview.

June 12th, 2009 · 8 Comments

I hope we have many more wild and wacky years with you…

You were the inventor of the teeny-tiny “outback phone” and I know that apple stole your idea and called it the i-phone. Would you like to tell us about your invention?

• This phone could access the internet and send emails, sms’s, contact other computers and phone. You could watch movies, listen to music and take pictures with it.

You invent a lot of goodies and gadgets, could you tell us where you find your inspiration.

• Actually most of my inventions are improvements and adaptions to things that already exist.

You are a night owl do you think this is an attribute of a great inventor?

• Yes, it gives you lots of time to think in P&Q. (That’s peace and quiet!)

When you start implementing your inventions will you be looking for staff or will siblings do for the job?

• I will use siblings, they are more cost effective!

If you could invent and build an invention right out of your head right now what would it be?

• I am working on a super-computer: super-fast web access, a built in projector… and really really compact.

What is a good food to keep inventors going:

• Energy food like chocolate and so definitely hot chocolate. Actually, inventors survive on Coke but my mother wouldn’t allow it.

Do you think you will always be an inventor?

• Oh yes, once an inventor always an inventor.

Thank-you so much for your time I hope 10 is a fabulous year for you and that you get to read a bazillion more books than you did when you were 9!

Tags: Home Truths · Our Events

• 1 Aunty Kathy // Jun 12, 2009 at 6:54 pm

WOW! Hood #2 is so divine. I love the pictures of him which remind me of times we’ve been together. I’ve always known he was brilliant and his inventions are going to make our world a better place. Hang in there and never stop thinking! Sorry about the coca-cola, but your mother is very cool 🙂 Love you always!

• 2 Helen // Jun 12, 2009 at 9:29 pm

Happy birthday Hood#2! Nice to see the photos over the years!

• 3 se7en // Jun 13, 2009 at 1:51 am

Hay Aunty K, It was such fun looking back at photos of a little hood! It sure is birthday season here!!! He totally loved his card! Have a great weekend!!!

• 4 se7en // Jun 13, 2009 at 1:53 am

Hi H, Thanks for the birthday wishes! You forget how cute your kids were… thank goodness for a huge stash of electronic photographs! Hope you guys have a great weekend!!!

• 5 The Week That Was – 50… | se7en // Dec 15, 2009 at 8:38 am

[…] #2: Celebrated his birthday with a baking frenzy and yes that it is a serious hammer but lets face it biscuit crushing is […]

• 6 Marcia (123 blog) // Jun 12, 2014 at 11:35 am

i love the interview!!!

I think the chocolate will have to fuel him; no coke (rots your teeth and you don’t want to waste time at the dentist when you could be inventing)

OH MAN, they’re so cute when they’re little!
    Marcia (123 blog)´s last blog post ..A quick little catch-up post

• 7 se7en // Jun 13, 2014 at 1:38 am

Hay Marcia, Aren’t the little people photographs adorable!!! And I loved going back and reading the interview – nothing’s changed!!! Hope you all have a fun weekend!!!

• 8 Birthday Season Begins... Happy Birthday Hood #2... - se7en | se7en // Jun 14, 2015 at 1:46 am

[…] Hood #2 is 15… Hood #2 is 14… Hood #2 is 13… Hood #2 is 12… Hood #2 is 11… Hood #2 is 10… An interview with an inventor. […]