We needed chocolate chip cookies, needed them I tell you!!! To eat on our famous couch… check it out on Apartment Therapy today!!! So I went scrounging around the internet and found vast tombs written on the humble chocolate chip cookie!!! But I didn’t have the right ingredients for any one of the recipes, so here is our take on the collective knowledge out there and trust me they are to die for!!!
This is what you are aiming for:
The cutie-pie is all mine but have a closer look at that cookie!!!
A scrumptious, melted, chocolate chip cookie:
Let’s Meet The Players:
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablesppons of vanilla essence
- 2 slabs of the best chocolate you can get
Lets Play the Game:
- Put the butter, about 1/3 of one of the slabs of chocolate and the vanilla essence into a bowl. Melt them together very slowly – I popped mine into the microwave for about a minute.
- Place your melted mixture into your mixer bowl and add the sugar.
- While your mixture is beating away get your helping hand to chop the chocolate into chocolate chip size chunks… and a mezza luna really helps this “chore” go quickly.
- Add your flour and baking powder (and your pinch of salt!!!) and beat some more!!!
- Take your chipped chocolate chunks and pop them into your mixture… mix away.
- Pop your mixture into the fridge to get a bit stiffer. Once your mixture is stiff, put some baking paper onto a baking sheet and scoop out six cookies per tray using an ice-cream scoop.
- Bake your cookies at 180 degrees Celsius (or 350 degrees Fahrenheit) for about ten minutes… Watch them, you want them slightly crispy on the outside… but still squishy on the inside!!!
Beat your sugar and melted mixture together until they become fluffy.
Add your eggs and milk to the mixture…
and beat until your mixture is light and creamy.
And you are done! We sprinkled icing sugar on the top to make them look prettier.
Mmmm… don’t bother with storage, you won’t need it!!!