We had a good week for fun. In order to be a “Yes Mom” and in order to avoid an insane, self-imposed To-Do list I conquered a heap of projects with the kids that I have been putting off forever. All those crafty projects that they have pending for later… All those bits of baking they want to try. Well what better time than summer holidays!!! And summer holidays don’t last forever…
Here are se7en of my favorite things from around the blog world this past week. Hop around you are sure to find something that inspires you:
- Ordinary Life Magic is having a Science Fair: And since we are about to do a week or two or three of science intensive I am sure we can manage a vague entry along the way… Especially since Hood #2 has been plotting and planning a Family Science Fair for the longest time. And I have been putting it off for even longer. Time to knuckle down and get working!!!
- Memorable Birthdays at Puffin: Who doesn’t have a passion for Puffin Books? And they are going to be 70 this year!!! Here is a snippet from a couple of authors and their favorite or shall I say most memorable birthdays!!!
- Gotta love this mural. I saw it on Ohdeedoh and headed over to Design Sponge for the Rest of the house… I just love the bird-houses and the door frame is totally to die for!!!
- Celebrate The Boy in February 2010. If this isn’t the coolest thing!!! With impending crafts galore, I can’t wait!!!
- A Worthy Goal from Camp Creek Blog: This just makes me want to fly, love the quote, love the photo. Just love it!!!
- Free Stuff for Kids Valentines Carnival: If you don’t know Free Stuff for Kids then you should!!! And this link takes you to their fabulous Valentine Carnival.
- Strut your stuff, from Somewhat Simple.com: Has a cool valentine carnival and I just loved the sign language photographs.
And the Se7en + 1 th Fun thing:
- LMNOP: If you don’t know this site and their free E-Zine then frankly you are missing the eye candy of a life time.
That’s Us!!! And Now it’s your turn to Link UP:
Link up a Fun thing you did with your kids this past week… I was so excited to get links last week – please keep them coming!!! Please, please link up your kiddie fun, books you have read, games you have played, crafts you have created, celebrations you have celebrated… any post you wrote this week and loved…
Here are the rules:
- Anyone of our crafty/mom blog reader friends are welcome to join in.
- Any of your kids who want to write a blog post and link it in are welcome to join in.
- Please mention “Se7en’s Fabulous Friday Fun” in your post and direct the readers back to our Carnival. For example: “I linked this post to Se7en’s Fabulous Friday Fun” would work for me!!! Or pop our button onto your site. so that other readers can enjoy a couple of your favorite favorites… and get to meet all of you.
- Make sure you link to your fabulous post and not your website, so that it is easy for readers to find your favorite… rather than wading through everything!!!
- Enter a very brief description of your post in parenthesis in the Mcklinky line where you enter your name, so that we know what to expect when we get there.
- Visit and leave comments on other folks’ posts who enter the Carnival – it is the nice thing to do!!!
- Finally this is a family blog and remember some folks kids are reading it – please keep your posts appropriate. I reserve the right to delete any post that would not be appropriate for my kids to glance at.
Now last week we promised a GiveAway of a Bed Bug to one of you who either commented or linked up… But let’s be honest so few of you were half awake… or maybe nobody likes our bed bugs!!! No, now is not the time to have an insecure moment!!! We decided that if you responded then we will send you a bed bug… so:
- Afrika Fairy – thanks for linking!!!
- Jenny in CA
- Stephanie from Ordinary Life Magic
- Susan at Improv-a-mama
We will be sending you all a bed bug… Hang in there we still have to make them!!! But in time you will receive them…
That’s us… Link Away, Comment Away and we can’t wait to meet you!!!