So Sunday was Father’s Day and I will be honest, just like I am not very good at Mother’s Day … I am really not great at Father’s Day. I am all for encouraging Dad’s, but it’s an every day thing not a once a year thing. Our Father Person is loved and adored to distraction – everyday!!! And his children ply his keyboard with little love offerings of arts and artifacts on a daily basis. They cry when he can’t make it home for dinner, they sigh when he has to be somewhere else, they rejoice when he has a plan and they love nothing better than chilling out with him.
And did I say I had a fun GiveAway…
Anyway I decided to interview the potential mom’s and dad’s in our house: “What makes a great Dad?”… they rephrased it to be “What makes their Dad a Great Dad?” and who can blame them!!! This was their unedited reply:
- Hood #1: A good dad loves his kids completely, he is polite, he buys them treats and he prays with them. Did you know that God invented Fatherhood, he is our Ultimate Father.
- Hood #2: He has a kind loving attitude and listens to his kids. It’s all about his manners!!!
- Hood #3: He is kind, he believes in “girls first” and reads your school with you when you get behind and makes me think it isn’t so bad.
- Hood #4: He gets you nice presents and teaches you all about God. A good Dad buys his wife chocolate.
- Hood #5: A tree house maker. And he has a good heart. I didn’t even know that tree houses were an issue, since my kids built their tree house, I didn’t know the father person had anything to do with it… so I queried the response… “He allows it” nuff said…
- Hood #6: Playing. This is a girl of few and carefully selected words.
- Hood #7: A squeal of delight and dash to the door to see if he was home yet…
- Hood #8: A wriggle with joy… He definitely sees his dad as the fun factor.
So now you know according to the Se7en Hoods: A father person needs se7en P’s to be a great father – no Pressure!!!:
- Presents, of the giving kind.
- Permission. (to build!!!!)
- Present, in the being sense.
And the promised GiveAway a really cool way to have some Bible fun with your kids!!! It’s an Audio book from Scripture Union. 6 CD’s about an hour long each. It comes with a booklet, which lists each of the stories on the CD’s and is illustrated with the most divine little Bible people toys, that my kids would so love to play with!!! The stories are short, with a Bible reference at the start of each of them. Great listening for little kids, a great introduction to the Bible and a fun opener to talk about Bible stories with your kids. We have really really enjoyed it!!!
As usual I have to thank Christian Book Discounters who kindly supplied the book for this GiveAway…
The GiveAway works in the usual way, comment before the end of this coming Friday, 25 June 2010, and I will draw and publish the winner next week! – I won’t respond to your comments as I do on our other posts because I don’t want to be included in our own giveaway.
Our GiveAway Books are open to everyone: If you have won a GiveAway before never fear – enter away. If you live on the far side of the world – enter away. Postage takes forever from here, and I mean forever, but eventually it should get to you!
Good luck and get commenting!